17 That depends...

Roman POV

"Of course, baby girl... I'm so happy to see you. Come in... come in... Ignore the mess. I just got home." I replied as I pulled her into the house and closed the door behind her.

Together we went into the living room where we sat down. I looked at Larissa's face and saw how tense she looked. My insides immediately tightened. Something about her expression gave me a bad feeling. I swallowed before asking another important question.

"Where's Mini Miss? Is she okay?" I asked as I took her hand firmly in mine.

"She's fine. She's with my parents today. But I can tell she misses you a lot. Listen, Roman... I know I've taken a long time to think about everything. But I just needed a bit of space. I know you only did this because you thought you were protecting us. I just hope you've really thought everything through. Especially when it comes to the future. Because I don't want you to regret it one day... Well... because there is no reverse card in this game. 

Besides, I really hope that won't happen. I'm just afraid that we could both get into serious trouble. Yes, you say you've sorted everything out legally, but I really couldn't bear it if something bad were to happen," she said.

"I promise you that my lawyer has considered all contingencies. And since he signed an agreement waiving his paternity.... I think we're safe as far as that goes.

And I can assure you that I am aware that this is a lifelong commitment. I love you and Clementine more than I ever thought possible. And that will never change," I replied.

"That's good to know. Because I love you and I've decided to trust you. I miss you like crazy to be honest. I miss your laugh every single day. I miss hearing your voice," said Larissa.

"I feel the same way. Come here." I replied and then just pulled her onto my lap.

Her knees were on the right and left side of me as I put my hand on her neck. For a moment I just looked at her. I sighed in relief as I soaked up every detail like it was brand new.

Larissa placed her hands on my cheeks and began to trace the lines of my face with her fingertips. She gently traced my lips until she finally pressed her mouth to mine. The sheer force behind that kiss made us both realize how much we had missed each other.

"I love you..." she finally whispered against my lips.

"I love you too, baby girl," I replied quietly.

"There's one more thing we need to talk about..." she said a few minutes later.

"Sounds serious." I said.

"Well... that depends. It could be, because I might be pregnant." Larissa replied hesitantly.

"What, but we... And then..." I stuttered.

"I know, I know... It was just one night and we were careful. But to be fair... It was about 4 or 5 times that night. And I'm not even sure. I'm really late. And that never happens to me... Except well... when I'm pregnant. I know that's-" she said.

"Hey, don't worry okay? I'm not freaking out. Because if you are, then... wow... that would honestly be amazing. Even though it might be a little early." I replied before she could speak any further.

"Tell me about it." she mumbled.

"Maybe we should find out first if we have something on the way or not. Just know that I'm 100% on board. We can also get married if that's what you want," I replied.

"Roman, calm down. One step at a time, okay? There's no need to rush things any more than you already have... Take a deep breath." Larissa said with a small, although nervous giggle.

"You're right... Of course." I replied breathlessly and then tried to take a deep breath.

"That's better... okay, let's find out." she then said, giving me another kiss before standing up and holding out her hand to me.

*****

"Does it always take this long?" I asked.

"It's only three minutes... Are you sure you want this?" Larissa wanted to know.

"Are you kidding me? Of course I want this. I've always wanted a big family," I replied as I played with her fingers.

Then it was time. The timer let us know that the minutes of waiting were over.

"It's negative." Larissa said as she checked the result.

"Oh..." I replied.

"Relieved or disappointed?" she wanted to know.

"Both somehow." I admitted.

"Yeah, same." she said.

Just then her phone buzzed. It was a message from her mom.

"Oh no... I have to go. Clem's not feeling too well. I should be with her." she explained.

"We should be with her. Come with me, baby girl. Let's get our little one home," I replied.

"That sounds great. Clem will be happy to see her daddy." Larissa said and then gave me a long kiss before we headed off.