29 Late

Larissa POV

"Good job, Mini Miss. That's the red block. Can you show me where a blue one is? Where's a blue block?" I asked my daughter as we sat together on the floor in the kitchen playing.

It was always back and forth between playing with Clem and preparing food for tomorrow. Since I still had a little time for the preparations, I liked to use the time to have fun with my little one.

"Exactly. That's right. Can you say blue, baby?" I asked her as she sat down on my lap.

"Blue." she said and looked up at me proudly.

"You're so smart... Do you remember what we practiced? Can you say Happy Birthday?" I then asked her.

"Hapa birfdaa." she tried to say.

"Pretty good. Tomorrow is your daddy's birthday. And you can say it to him then. He'll be very proud of you. Okay.... Mommy has to keep going. Otherwise the family won't get anything to eat tomorrow." I said, gave her a kiss on the hair and set her on her feet.

"Mama no." she said, clinging to my leg after I got up.

"Do you want to help Mommy? Or do you want a snack?" I asked as I took Clem in my arms.

"Snack." she replied.

I didn't expect anything else. She always loved it when I offered her a snack. That was the one thing I never heard her say no to. I sat her in her high chair and then got what I needed from the pantry and fridge. I cut up some grapes for her and then added a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt to her bowl before adding some whole grain cereal.

Clementine's eyes went wide when I placed the food in front of her. She immediately started digging in, which gave me the chance to get on with the preparations. I planned a brunch for our friends and families who had time tomorrow.

And because I didn't want to make everything in the morning, I had picked out a few recipes for dishes that I could prepare well in advance. That way I only had to prepare a few things from scratch and had more time to concentrate on the birthday boy.

Just then, we heard the door open and Roman's deep voice echoed through the house.

"Family? Daddy's home!" he shouted.

Clem's head immediately shot in the direction his voice was coming from. She began to fidget. Good thing she'd already finished eating.

"Dada!" she called out excitedly.

I lifted her out of the chair and put her on her short legs so that she could run to her daddy.

"Dada! Dada! Dada!" she shouted as she rushed towards him.

"Oh hi, Mini Miss! How's my princess? Have you been a good girl for Mommy?" I heard him ask her.

It wasn't long before my two came into the kitchen together. Clem clung to her daddy as he came over to greet me too.

"Hi baby girl." he said softly against my mouth before our daughter pushed me away.

"Hi Ro.. We missed you." I replied.

"I missed my girls too. How are you doing? What are you making?" he asked as he put his free arm around me and pulled me closer to him again.

"Oh just a few things for tomorrow. Overnight French toast... Potato, bacon, and cheddar tart, Quiche.... stuff like that. But I'm almost done." I replied as I stroked his back lovingly.

"That sounds so good! I think you missed your calling. But tell me... How do you feel?" he wanted to know.

"Well... I'm late... but I didn't want to take a test without you. And to be completely honest... I'm a bit anxious." I replied without looking at him.

"What exactly are you anxious about? Are you afraid that I might have changed my mind and that I wouldn't be happy? You don't have to be afraid of that." Roman said and pressed a kiss to my temple.

"I know... I know that in my heart... but the thing is... as you can imagine, I haven't had the best experience telling someone I'm pregnant... It's silly and has absolutely nothing to do with you... I guess it was just more traumatic than I thought. That's why I wanted to wait for you.... Because I know you can take my worries away." I explained to him.

"Larissa baby... You know I'm not him. I can't think of anything better than having another baby with you. You and Clementine have enriched my life so much. You have me by your side. No matter what. Forever." he replied.

"See? That's what I meant... Only you can do that, my love. I'm ready to find out if we have an addition on the way if you are..." I said as I snuggled up to my family.

"Then what are we waiting for?" he asked excitedly.