2.2 - u fuckking pest!!

summary - [first name] pledges not to let her class down in the sports fest.

...

You exited the tunnel, holding Aina's hand. Your hand was clammy, mainly from all your nerves. The arena was so loud. Aina gave you a reassuring glance and squeezed your hand in hers.

You really did appreciate her.

These past few weeks were focused on training your speed. It would be your biggest asset in the Festival. Other than that, you trained your legs and practiced your kicks. Ojiro and Kou helped you a lot with melee combat and you were grateful.

You and all of the 1-C students made a pledge: at least one of you has to get to the final round! You all planned to help each other advance to the next round when you could.

Present Mic announced the classes, mainly focusing on 1-A, which was "the class you all came for!" Their class specifically got applause and cheers from the stadium while it was almost crickets for the other courses. How embarrassing.

Your class stood in between 1-D and 1-B. Kosei, Kaibara, TetsuTetsu, and Tokage stood near you and Aina as you six were the closest between your classes.

"They're treating us like we're some extras or something..." Shinsou said, rolling his eyes.

"What a load of crap," Kinoshira muttered.

"Look, let's all try our best, alright?" Ruyami pumped his fist into the air. "Plus Ultra!"

Ok, he didn't need to add in the corny plus ultra. You cheered nonetheless.

"Now now, fair play!" said Midnight. She taught Modern Hero History, which was another boring class. She was cool though.

"I always forget our teachers are real pro heroes," Aina chirped.

You agreed, "Like, I see them everyday. It's almost like I'm desensitized."

"Were you desensitized when you met Hawks and Miruko?" she smirked.

"Oh my God, you know Miruko promised me she'd watch the festival for me? We're literally BFFs."

"And what am I?" she playfully scoffed.

"And now for the Hero's Oath given by 1-A's Bakugou Katsuki!" Midnight gestured towards the boy, who haughtily sauntered up to the podium, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"Eh!?" You were shocked and it showed. "They're letting the worst kid represent everyone!?"

"He's gonna say something really stupid, I can sense it, [first name]-chan."

Bakugou arrogantly huffed. "I'm gonna come in first."

This caused an outrage among the students. Someone called him a "Sludge fucker," which you didn't understand, but it made you laugh. Everyone threw insults and jeers at the boy, you included. It seemed like everyone in your class was bonding over their shared dislike for the boy.

"Don't push your luck, 1-A!"

"Why do you insist on lowering our good grace!"

"Boooo!"

The blond stuck up his thumb and dragged it across his throat. "I'm sure you'll all make fantastic stepping stones." He then pointed a finger at you, a crude grin appearing on his face. "Especially you, you buggy fucker."

Just as you were about to rage at him and start yelling, the camera focused on you and you were suddenly on the big screen. Ah, you feel shy now. One of your hands waved at the camera as you silently smiled. This is embarrassing.