2.15 - lovebug? gross!

summary - natsuo and [first name] study, go grocery shopping, and get harassed by a strangely familiar (?) weirdo.

...

You and Natsuo sat criss-crossed across from each other, a stack of flashcards in either of your hands. You were helping each other study in your new apartment. Your new apartment was small, but homey. It was big enough for you, with one dining room-kitchen, one bathroom, and one bedroom. Moving in took about a day and a half, and Aina helped you, meaning she finally got to meet your parents! She liked them and they loved her – maybe even more than you.

Nah, that's not possible.

The apartment was already furnished, thankfully, so all you had to do was decorate it to match your aesthetic. You had finished your bedroom, and it looked very similar to your old bedroom. You had taken most of the stuff from your old room, only selling the stuff you didn't touch at all.

While you do love your parents, it was refreshing living alone, and the fact you lived in a residence surrounded by Hero students brought peace to your mind. Your next-door neighbor is Rin Hiryu from 1-B, who can grow hard scales from his skin (he gave you a bowl of grapes as a housewarming gift). You haven't talked to him much yet, but you know he's friends with Kaibara. Across the hall was an eccentric girl named Hatsume Mei, who was in the Support Course. You remembered her advertising her inventions at the Sports Festival. Other students you were familiar with were littered throughout the building, though, unfortunately, Aina and Kosei lived in a different complex a few streets away.

You read the flashcard out loud, "What are the signs that point to a pacemaker needing to be changed?" You were helping him study for his medical welfare end-of-term exam while he was helping you study for science. Natsuo's good at science.

Natsuo jutted out his lower lip, pouting and crossing his arms in thought. His muscly arms bulged against the sleeves of his shirt. Shit, he looks so- ugh! No, this is weird, you've known him since you were a kid! You suddenly thought of that one dream you had with him and Kamui Woods. Your face heated up. Oh Gosh, snap out of it! You looked away, decoding to stare holes into the card before he could catch you staring like a weirdo.

"Uh, symptoms of, um, arrhythmia, like chest pain and problems breathing. Oh, and an irregular heartbeat!" he answered, unsurely looking up, as if the answer was written on your plain ceiling. He looked like a cute little puppy, you noted.

Your eyes skimmed over the answer. You gave him a proud grin and haphazardly set down the stack of flashcards. A few spilled across the floor, and you quickly gathered them again, placing them down more carefully this time. "Correct! That's the last one!"

He stretched his long legs across your bedroom floor, stretching his big arms above his head and into the air. From his distance, his socked foot was near your crossed knee. You couldn't help but stare at his biceps and the bottom hem of his white shirt riding up his pale torso. Natsuo is... really... hot. The Todorokis have good genes, you're really jealous. Your thoughts were interrupted by the grumble of a stomach. Was that your belly?

You put a hand on your stomach, not embarrassed in the slightest. "I'm hungry," you complained, but you had no intention to get up and eat yet – simply being too lazy to stand up.

"Since we're done, let's go eat!" He jumped up and you snapped out of it, leading him to your fridge. You opened it, and the both of you let out an astonished gasp at the barren refrigerator.

"Oh." You pouted. "I forgot to buy food." You ate leftovers yesterday, so you didn't go shopping for groceries yet. You probably should go shopping soo, because you'll starve if you don't, duh.