2.4 - those red eyes

summary - [first name] has ptsd from that emo gamer, but some blond guy buys ramen for her so everything's alright!

cw - panic attack

...

You watched in what could only be described as horror as Bakugou exploded Uraraka's self-made meteorite shower in one fucking explosion. You may have been lucky with Mina, but this kid was on another fucking level. He must have trained himself since his quirk's conception, judging by his expert use of it. How could you beat him? You didn't notice how you started to tremble.

You saw during the Race and the Cavalry Battle that he could launch himself into the air, so staying in the air would be somewhat useless. What even is his drawback? Does he have one!? Oh, it's over. It's so over.

What if you only battled in the air? Surely he would tire himself out, because he can't actually stay in the air. It's more of a jump, so he would go up and down while you stay up.

Is that a good strategy?

Your heightened senses would be of help again as your best asset. You should be able to sense his next move. It was at this moment you wished you had a quirk like Shouto's or Shinsou's.

Bakugou was an easy guy to provoke, so it would be easy to brainwash him and if you had ice, you could probably just copy what Shouto did with Sero. But would it really be easy? Bakugou was fast, both physically and mentally. He would probably blast you before you did either of those.

No, you should be grateful you even have a quirk in the first place. It was only thanks to your quirk that you were here, in the top 10 of the UA Sports Festival that you used to admire. You were competing with future heroes who had been training for weeks before this and some who have fought real villains.

And what have you done? When you encountered Tomb, you didn't defend yourself, you just laid there.

But you're just a normal person, it's expected.

This is a Sports Festival, and you're supposed to have fun, but this event was the cause of all your current strife.

The next matches were as follows: Shouto versus Izuku, Iida versus Shiozaki, Kirishima versus Tokoyami, and finally, you versus Bakugou. You could barely focus on the battles until it was your own. That time went by way too fast.

"-[first name]? Earth to [last name] [first name]! Helloooo? Anyone home? It's your battle, [first name]-chan!"

You snapped out of it to meet Aina's hazel eyes.

"What are you watching?" Shinsou asked, giving you an amused scoff from beside you.

You blushed and hid your phone. "Videos!"

"Of what?" Aina teasingly asked. "Kamui Woods?"

You slapped a hand over your quickly reddening face. "No! I was watching a fighting video..."

"For your fight against that asshole?"

You shakily nodded. "He's gonna kick my ass."

Aina saw the dread in your eyes and wrapped her arms tightly around you. "Y- You can beat that asshole, I believe in you!" she whispered into your ears.

Another girl joined the hug. Then another. Then Ruyami joined the hug and the rest of your classmates followed. Even Shinsou managed to snag a position hugging you. You were crying again. They were all so warm and you had the sudden urge to ask a question.