special - cold-blooded

cold-blooded // shouto x reader x slight!natsuo // christmas special

summary - shouto loves christmas

slight angst in the beginning but mainly fluffy lawl

...

Todoroki Shouto has never celebrated Christmas.

No, to him, it was just another day. He would wake up, eat breakfast, train like usual, eat lunch, study, train again, eat dinner, then sleep. It was just another plain day. Maybe his sister would gift him a book, or his father would force him to go to a Christmas-themed party, but otherwise, it just wasn't special. He's seen shows, specifically in Fuyumi's sappy soap dramas, in which Christmas Eve is the most romantic day ever. The two leads would give each other meaningful presents and share a gentle liplock in the white snowfall, and Fuyumi would be crying tears at scenes like this.

He always wondered if Christmas Eve truly was like that. If it was, then...

He would love to experience it.

Love was always a topic that fascinated him. He always wondered, how do you know if you truly love someone?

Do you just feel that you love someone? How do you differentiate between platonic and romantic love?

At school, there were many girls that liked him, but they were just one-sided crushes. They didn't really like him for him. They liked him for his status, handsome looks, and his shoujo-esque demeanor. He rejected them in a blunt and forthright manner, with no explanation. Once, he heard a girl describe him as a cold prince, and he just didn't understand. Why did they like him so much if he was so cold? He didn't understand why they still liked him even if it was clearly one-sided.

You were visiting his home one day, a few days before Christmas. You were there because Natsuo was there, home from his dorm for the holidays. Their father wasn't there, preferring to spend more time at his agency rather than with his family. Crime didn't stop for the holidays, the man would insist when Fuyumi tried to get him to spend time with the family. She just wanted the family to be happy – to pretend to be, at least.

Everytime you came over, he realized, Natsuo was there. It seemed you only visited for his older brother Natsuo. It made him feel bad. Almost like you didn't really care about him, because with you, it seemed like it was always Natsuo. You didn't come over when it was just him and Fuyumi, and you most certainly did not come over when Endeavor was present. Of course not. He recalled you saying once that you hated his old man more than him.

He was sure that was not possible.

Shouto exited his room, hungry. It was around lunchtime. Maybe he would help his sister cook. He heard your sweet laughter in the living room, and it was like sticky silk, webbing throughout the house and pulling him in towards the living room. He saw the back of your [hair color] head and your mottled wings as he stood behind the door frame, observing you and his older brother. You sat close to him, thighs touching, and both of your legs were tucked under the heavy futon of the kotatsu, keeping you warm. You had yet to become this comfortable with Shouto, and it irked him. It looked like you two were playing a game of some sort on his laptop.

Natsuo always seemed to make you laugh.

Shouto made you laugh, too, but it was most certainly not in the way that his older brother made you laugh. You would laugh at Natsuo's jokes, when he was purposely being funny. You would laugh with him. It was effortless, and Natsuo was simply effortlessly funny. When you were with him, you would laugh at things you found funny, things Shouto did not intend to be funny. It was the way he said it apparently. Once during training he had said something slightly rude to his classmate and you broke out in laughter. It was a good feeling, to hear you laugh because of him. His chest felt strangely warm and full, in a good way. But, sometimes you wouldn't laugh at his jokes, things he said purposefully to be funny, and when he had to explain the joke, you would go, "Ohhh, haha." It was forced and he didn't like it.