2.9 - bite me! :3

this chapter is def out of place in the bnha verse but i was procrastinating and rewatching opm sooo idrgaf i just wrote whatever 💀

summary - [first name] meets a human mosquito after getting swatted like a bug. she also simps for kamui woods -- who knows why?

...

Patrol was exciting. For you, at least. For Rumi, it was an everyday thing, an annoyance even. You were just waiting for someone to pop up and start doing a crime, or something. It was thrilling almost, whenever you walked past a suspiciously dark alleyway. As you walked around the city, she would tell you stories from when she was in highschool not too long ago. She actually went to Shiketsu, but she almost got expelled a few times.

"And my stage name was Tiger Bunny," she said, excitedly telling you about that time she infiltrated an illegal fighting ring in her final year of high school. "It was crazy! Everyone was crazy strong, but, listen, I always came out on top!"

"Wow, really? That's actually insane, Ru- Miruko!" You immediately gasped, gawking at a giant man trudging in your direction. His ankle was taller than you, antennas and all! You stopped in your tracks, holding an arm out and pointing two gloved index fingers towards the humming man to bring it to Miruko's attention.

"Oh... my fucking... God."

Miruko raised a hand over her brow ridge, shadowing her eyes from the glaring Hiroshima sun as she craned her neck up to glare at the man. "Holy shit!" A big, challenging smirk covered her face. "That's a villain, alright!"

'Scary,' you thought as you pulled down your visor so that it covered your eyes.

Civilians frenziedly ran past you, screaming in fear of the humongous man. He was clearly over 50 meters tall, easily towering above just about all of the buildings in the cityscape; you couldn't help but be curious on how he got to that size. Was it a quirk?

"Go on, intern! Fly up there and see if there's someone controlling it!" she directed, roughly patting your helmet. The hits caused your head to jerk forward.

"W- What!? You want me to go up there!? Alone!?" you nervously clarified. He's gonna swat you like a damn fly!

Miruko assertively held her hands on her hips, staring up at you. "Look, I watched your performance at the Sports Festival. You've got it. Just be ferocious!"

Did she really watch your performance at the Sports Fest? Because if she did, she would know that you're a total pussy! But you're going to be a hero! This is just a part of your hero training! Oh, fuck everything. You're gonna do it. If you die – well, it is what it is.

You looked back up to the giant. Oh God, are you hallucinating, or did it get bigger. You can't do this. You stumbled backwards, staring at the giant's swinging arms, bringing down a tall building. You watched as five figures fell out from the ruined tower. Oh my God.

They're going to die if you don't do anything.

You slapped your hands on your helmet, shaking your head and shaking away any self-doubt. Never back down, never what!? "OKAY!" you screamed, hyping yourself up to save some people. The sudden, loud noise startled a terrified group near you.

You jogged backwards, clearing a strip of the road and then you ran towards the falling people. It was like a plane taking off. You jumped and began to flutter your patterned wings.

Miruko watched you launch into the air, a commending grin on her face. "Atta girl," she proudly whispered, staring after your figure before she herself ran off towards the giant.