❤️‍🔥Me, Myself & I❤️‍🔥

🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
——————————————

3 weeks later...Thursday afternoon

I was on the phone with my lawyer trying to get these divorce papers filed. I still loved Keith, but putting his hands on me was the last straw.

"Ryan," came the voice of Laura Hastings, my attorney. She had been a steadfast source of support through this tumultuous time.

"I've gone over the details of the divorce papers you sent me, and I wanted to discuss some key points with you, particularly the prenuptial agreement."

I leaned back in my chair, trying to regain my composure. "Of course, Laura. Let's talk."

She cleared her throat before continuing. "The prenup you and Keith signed does outline the distribution of assets and spousal support in case of divorce. It appears to be quite detailed, and your initial consultation did indicate that this was a fairly straightforward arrangement."

I nodded, my eyes wandering over the framed photo of Keith and me on our wedding day. A distant memory of happiness now felt like a cruel joke.

Laura continued, "Under the terms of the prenup, it states that whoever commits infidelity first would be entitled to spousal support. It's an unusual clause, but it's there."

My heart skipped a beat. "Keith cheated first. He admitted to it during one of our arguments."

Laura's voice held an empathetic tone. "That changes things significantly. Given that Keith is the one who breached the fidelity clause, we have a strong case to argue for your claim to spousal support. This could potentially turn the tables in our favor."

I felt a mix of relief and determination. "That's good to know, Laura. I didn't think the prenup could work in my favor."

"But," Laura added, "there is a provision that allows for exceptions in cases of extreme cruelty or abuse. Given recent events, we have a strong case to argue for your claim to spousal support, considering what you've endured."

"I know Keith won't give in easily. He's been insisting that I was unfaithful, even though it was a mistake on my part."

Laura's voice held an empathetic tone. "We'll need to gather evidence and build a strong case to prove otherwise. And as we discuss this, keep in mind that any assets or properties acquired before the marriage are exempt from the prenup."

"That's good to know, Laura."

She continued, "I recommend keeping a detailed record of the circumstances surrounding the marriage, your financial contributions, and the emotional trauma you've endured."

As Laura and I concluded our conversation, I took a deep breath, trying to process the weight of the impending divorce. My mother, who had been quietly sitting nearby, offered a comforting presence during the difficult call.

Laura's voice was gentle, "Ryan, we will do everything we can to protect your rights and ensure you receive the support you deserve."

I turned to my mom without saying any words, I broke down in her arms again. The reality of my broken marriage had finally settled in.

———————————————
Back to the short episodes for now! I think they're easier to read honestly.💕

🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————
Song: Me, Myself & I - Beyoncé