Instincts

Scott stared into space, day-dreaming he wasn't really listening to Alex any-more. The huge ornate, ancient looking paintings in the bar caught his eye. "don't you think this hotel is weird?" he uttered, cutting Alex off from whatever he was talking about.

Alex looked at Scott in confusion. "Ugh i guess, it does have a creepy vibe to it".

"yeah" Scott nodded as he checked his watch.Ever since he left Mitch in their room, he didn't feel right. Something was off and he could sense it, but he didn't want to seem rude to Alex. They barely got enough time together with touring and press and everything to do with Pentatonix as is.

Another wave of uneasiness gripped Scott and he shivered. "you okay Scott?" Alex asked trying to get his attention. "yeah, its just a little...cold in here or something" Alex gaze swept over Scott, a look of concern in his eyes. "I hope your not coming down with something before your show tomorrow" he said, still trying to draw Scott out of whatever thoughts gripped his mind.

"naw I should be okay" Scott said sending a smile Alex's way while his stomach went into knots.A cold sweat swept over Scott and he shivered again.

"But i probably should get to bed early for the show tomorrow" he said feeling a stab of guilt as he saw the disappointment in Alex.

"don't worry though, we should go out again after the show tomorrow night" Scott said trying to make it up to him as he got up from his chair.

"yeah thats fine-, sounds like a plan" Alex said still trying to hide his disappointment.Scott leaned down and kissed him on the check, " see you tomorrow!" he called as he hurried out of the bar.

Scott exhaled out in the lobby. What was wrong with him?, why was he feeling this way around Alex?.This was not normal.Alex was a fantastic person and a gorgeous man.He was one of the sweetest people Scott had ever known.Scott looked around shivered again and blamed it on this weird creepy hotel.

Just as Scott made it into the narrow hallway the light went out and the darkness enveloped him.