Mitche's walk to remember

Early morning light filtered through the blinds as dawn approached.Mitch rolled over in bed.A pressure pushed on his brain and his head felt like it was full of cotton balls.sluggish, he shook his head and rubbed his eyes.What the hell?, he thought looking around.Where was he?.He was lying upside-down, spread eagle, in an unfamiliar bed with the sheets tangled around his legs.All the he was wearing was a ratty t-shirt from yesterday.His brain stalled to remember what had happened last night.The last thing he could remember was heading into that bar.

OH SHIT he thought, as he gasped and realized what must have happened.Trying not to make a sound he rolled over in the  empty bed and looked on the floor, and to his utter horror he looked at the bartender that was serving him last night.Harrison lay twisted shirtless on the floor, ratty blankets twisted around his body, a pool of saliva under his mouth.All the blood ran out of Mitches face and he became dizzy.What had he done?.What had happened?, although it was pretty clear what they had done from the clothes strewn around the room.

Reality hit Mitch like a slap in the face. Ohhhhh no, he thought as he looked at his dirty deed on the floor.Mitch had slept with some guy he didn't even know in Kuala Lumpur, with no phone, without even telling anyone where he was going.What was he thinking?, he internally face palmed himself, cursing alcohol and all bars around the world.

Mitch tried to think of any solution in the world that didn't involve waking Harrison.That wouldn't be hard Mitch thought sarcastically as he looked down at Harrison snoring practically dead asleep on the floor.Harrison immediately seemed to loose all his allure and beauty Mitch thought looking down at this slob, in his shitty looking apartment, barely furnished with only an old bed in the room.the smell of alcohol and sweat lingered in the room and Mitch was momentarily disgusted at what he had done.

Mitch got out of bed as quietly as possible and put on his boxers and socks.While looking for his jeans, he realized with horror were under Harrison.Shit he thought as he found his shoes.He  suddenly spotted a phone on the floor beside Harrison.He tip toed over and took it into the hallway.

Mitch knew there was only ever one person to call in times of trouble.He thought of Scotts naive, trusting face and his heart lurched and a guilty feeling roiled inside his stomach.He dialed Scotts number praying he would pick up.

"hullo?.."a sleepy muffled voiced croaked on the other end of the line.

"Scott?!" Mitch rejoiced a huge grin splitting his face.He had the best friend ever

"wha- Mitch?!....is that you?....holy shit Mitch where the fuck have you been, are you alright?, are you hurt?!, i thought you were kidnapped and-"

"sshhhh"Mitch hushed him."No im fine, i just need you to pick me up okay?...pleeaasse?"

"yeah of course, where are you?" Scott replied

"well thats the tricky bit"Mitch said as he walked out onto the street and looked for anything remotely familiar.after walking a couple of blocks he had found a cafe he knew of and gave Scott directions.

"and please hurry"Mitch said looking down at his barely clothed body, thankful it was 4 in the morning so nobody walked the streets.

"Im on my way" Scott said ever resilient and laughed as Mitch sung the song back to him. Relief washed over him like the tide and his heart softened while thinking of Scott, always his knight in shining armour come to rescue him.