Chapter 5

(credits to the artist!)
     (nobody's POV)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Tom was waiting outside of the bakery for Jake, he was still unsure if he wanted to, he really liked Jake but he wasn't sure about it because he was still working as a spy, only recently he's been having some free time since they closed the case.
He really didn't know what he wanted at the moment, yet Ellie, Gabby, Dan and Drew were sort of helping him. Mainly Ellie and Gabby.
Yet he kept on thinking, should i call Her? Just then Jake came out of the bakery and smiled at Tom.
.

Jake:Come on let's go!

Tom:Alright.

.
They began walking, they went to a few places like an ice cream shop, an arcade and later an ikea.
.

Jake:Why are we at the ikea?

Tom:Well i noticed how the others have matching plushies of the ikea shark and you didn't, i thought maybe we could get them together.

.
Jake's eyes lit up and he looked very excited now, they arrived at the plush section and picked up the shark plushies.
Jake nuzzled his head in the shark plush and quietly giggled. Tom was a bit surprised but it made something burst in him, he felt his face heat up under his mask. What was this guy doing to him.
They bought the plushies and decided to call it out for today and went back home.
.
.
.
(chat with Ellie)

Jake:Guess what. :D

Ellie:What's up?

Jake:

Ellie:Oh?

Ellie:Oh?

Jake:I'm matching with Tom. >:)

Ellie: Oh that's nice to hear! How was your date with him btw?

Jake:I don't think it was a date, more like a hangout between two best friends? Btw it was great i enjoyed it a lot!

Ellie:Bruh how does it not sound like a date?

Jake:Don't Dan and Drew hangout like that a lot and still have a older and younger brother relationship?

Ellie:True, yet it's obvious you two like each other.

Jake:Stop it goddammit.

Ellie:Cry about it, you guys are gay af.

Jake:Shut up and go make out with Gabby.

Ellie:You go suck Tom's dick.

.
.
.
Jake's face was tainted in a fiery red, he buried it in his plush and stayed like that for a while until Tom called him.
.

Tom:Are you okay?

Jake:Yeah, it's just Ellie keeps saying such dumb things.

Tom:Like what?

.
Jake didn't want to tell him, he got embarrassed just thinking about it, plus what would his reaction be if he did tell him?
.

Jake:I don't really want to talk about it.

Tom:Oh alright.

Jake:I'm sorry.

Tom:No it's fine, i don't want to get into your personal stuff.

.
"He was so nice and understanding, is Ellie right though? Do i genuinely like him.
I don't know if i want to say anything, not just because i don't want him to think i'm weird, even though when we played truth or dare at Gabby and Ellie's house and he revealed himself as gay he probably doesn't see me like that, plus i'm not sure if i'm ready for a relationship yet, after what my toxic ex did to me i might need some time maybe" Jake thought.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(the next day)
(Jake's POV)

I arrived to work and saw Rosa Maria already there, oh right it was Sofia's birthday!
.

Jake:Hello Rosa, and happy birthday to your daughter!

Rosa Maria:Hey Jake, thank you!

Jake:Let me grab the cake real quick!

Rosa Maria:Of course!

.
Jake went inside the kitchen and picked up the cake already packed and went back outside to the counter.
.

Rosa Maria:Hey Jake, i know it's probably a bit strange to ask but why don't you come to the party?

Jake:Really?

Rosa Maria:Yeah, Sofia likes you a lot and maybe it would be nice for her to see you there. I'm not forcing you if you have work of course!

Jake:I mean i wouldn't really mind, can i bring some friends though?

Rosa Maria:Yeah sure!

Jake:Then sure, i don't have anything much to do today so maybe i can!

Rosa Maria:Great! It'll be nice having you guys there, now how much did i owe you for the money?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I entered my dorm, i saw Tom on his bed typing something on his computer, he closed his laptop when he saw me and smiled, i smiled back at him and then went to get something to wear.
Tom looked curious.
.

Tom:What's up with you, are you going somewhere?

.
I turned to him.
.

Jake:I was invited to a client's daughter's birthday party, she's come close so i know her.

Tom:Well that explains it.

Jake:Do you maybe want to come along?

Tom:I'm sorry i really can't right now, i'm working on something.

Jake:Aw, it's fine maybe another time!

.
I turned back to the clothing rack, i got a jacket, a t-shirt and some shorts, i headed to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Tom's POV)

Jake was getting ready to go to that birthday party while i worked on some research.
After a while Jake came back outside, i blushed seeing him, he looked very pretty.
He went for the door and put on his shoes and grabbed two bags.
.

Tom:Bye Jake.

.
Jake waved at me goodbye and left, i was alone again, after i finally finished with my work i thought i was about time i called her.
Maybe to ask her for some advice? I haven't heard from her ever since she lost to that Tv show and ran away from home. I honestly missed her for a really long time, only recently i was able to get her number by searching for her.
True it sounded creepy but i really wanted to speak with her.
I went on my phone and dialed her number and held it up to my ear, it began to ring. Each time i got slightly nervous, what would she be like if she answered and found out it was me.
Suddenly a tired voice answered the phone.
.

[???]:Hello, who are you?

.
Said the voice, i was very nervous now but i took a deep breath and uttered the words hesitantly.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hey Gwen, it's me Tom"

(lmao :3)