Chapter 13

(art was made by me!) (Tom's POV)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was shocked, why did Jake take drugs that turned him mute, Ellie said his parents were giving him these ever since he was a child, were his parents drugging him his whole life? I know i shouldn't get into his personal life but i'm worried about him and his health.
If he's really been getting drugged his whole life then i have to do something to stop it.
I just sat there in disbelief for a while until i felt two arms around my waist and someone kissing me behind my neck.
.

Tom:Jake come on go to sleep..

.
I felt Jake tighten his grip and nuzzle his head behind my back, he's such a big teddy bear sometimes, i find that adorable.
I placed my phone on the side table and turned to him, i gave him a sweet and tender kiss, he looked happy from that, we laid back down and went to sleep, i really hope that my assumptions were wrong and that he wasn't getting drugged his entire life.
.
.
.
.
.
The next morning i wake up to furr? I realized the cat was sleeping on my face.
.

Tom:Uh Jake? A little help please?

.
I wasn't sure if either he wasn't here or he wasn't awake or he was taking pictures of the cat and didn't hear me.
After a while Jake finally picked up the cat from my face and smiled at me, he gave me a kiss on the forehead, the cat began to meow at us.
.

Tom:Good morning to you two.

.
The little one began to purr when Jake started petting it, i could see how much he liked it, it was adorable seeing it.
Jake and I got up, i noticed he was on his phone and i instantly saw that picture of me with the cat on my face, i knew he was taking pictures, i tried to get it from his hand to delete those, he stretched his arm where his phone was and resisted from giving it to me.
.

Tom:Come on stop resisting!

.
We fell to the floor afterwards, he was still resisting, then we heard someone clear their throat, we both looked up to see a guy, he kind of looked like Jake?
.

[???]:Am i interrupting something?

.
Just then i realized the position we were it, i was on top of Jake and pinning him to the floor, we both locked eyes are blushed, we got up from our position and i put my mask on while Jake went over to guy.
After waiting for a bit the guy left, Jake turned back to me and smiled.
.

Tom:Who was that guy?

Jake:Just my brother Shawn coming over to hand me my antibiotics from my parents, i was about to finish the other pack.

.
Oh, it felt unpleasant to the reminded of what i found out last night about those things, i felt a warm hand on my covered cheek, i smiled at Jake and pulled down my mask to give him a kiss, he kissed me back.
.

Jake:I gotta go get ready for work now.

Tom:Okay.

.
He walked over to the clothing rack and grabbed some clothes before entering the bathroom, i looked down at the cat, i picked it up and smiled, how lucky i felt to have met Jake in my life.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(timeskip)
(nobody's POV)
.
Jake went to work, when he got at the bakery he saw Sofia sitting on one of the seats playing with her toys, Lake soon appeared, supposedly to check on the little girl and greeted Jake with a warm smile.
.

Lake:Good morning Jake!

.
Jake waved at her, smiling back.
.

Jake:How come Sofia's here today?

Lake:Well, Sofia's babysitter called in sick today and Rosa couldn't stay with her today because she had some important stuff to do so she lend her to me, but i had work today too so i thought maybe bringing her along would be a good idea.

Jake:That explains it, how was Christmas for you guys by the way?

Lake:It was nice and we had a lot of fun, thank you for asking! how was it for you?

Jake:It was great, me, Tom and some friends hung out together for that day.

Lake:That's nice to hear!

Sofia:Can i have a cookie for me and my doll?

.
Asked Sofia holding up the doll towards the two, Lake laughed and Jake smiled at her.
.

Lake:Okay fine, let's get you two some cookies..oh Jake could you go and help out Miriam in the meantime, she said she needs you for something important!

.
Said Lake while Sofia held her hand and attempted to drag her away to get the cookies, Jake nodded and gave thumbs-up before Lake left with Sofia, and he went looking for Miriam.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(meanwhile)
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tom was trying to look for names for the little kitten online, it slept on his lap while he was petting it, he heard a knock on the door, he gently picked up the cat and placed his phone on the bed while he pulled up his mask on before heading to the door.
He opened it to see Gabby standing there.
.

Gabby:Hey Tom!

Tom:Gabby, hey! What are you doing here?

Gabby:Just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out!

Tom:And let me guess, to see my cat?

Gabby:Jeez how did you know so easily?

.
Tom playfully raised an eyebrow, Gabby huffed in defeat, she scratched the cat's chin with one finger and made little sound like it was a human baby, the cat yawned and began to purr.
.

Gabby:EEE! It's so wholesome!!

.
She said in a silent tone to not wake it up, only then Tom noticed a lot of stuff behind Gabby.
.

Tom:Uh, what's all the stuff for?

Gabby:For the kitten of course, you and Jake are the parents and i'm the rich aunt who will spoil it rotten!

Tom:I know you had to ask Ellie for some of the money right?

Gabby:It's enough i felt bad to even ask her, but someone had to buy this little buddy what it needed at some point!

Tom:Fine, just come on in.

Gabby:Yay!

.
Gabby picked up the stuff she brought and placed them inside.
.

Gabby:Now let's start building everything up!

Tom:Alright!
.
.
.
.
.
.
(that evening)
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jake opened the door to find Tom and Gabby putting up a cat tree, he looked around to find three litter boxes and five beds scattered around the dorm, cat toys all over the place, two bags or litter, cat food and cat cleaning products and loads of medicines for it.
Jake looked back at Tom and Gabby with a shocked but not surprised look, Gabby waved happily at Jake while Tom just smiled awkwardly at him with the face of someone who was forced into it but was enjoying it.
.
.
.
(BAI)