Chapter 10

(Jake's POV)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Tom dropped me off to work after what happened, i felt like the happiest guy on earth.
I enter the bakery, Miriam and Rosa Marìa notice how happy i looked.
.

Miriam:How come you're so happy today?

Rosa Marìa:Yeah, what got you so happy today?

Jake:I'm dating someone!

Rosa Marìa:Seriously? I'm happy for you!

Miriam:Wait, is it that masked guy you were admiring before?

.
I happily nodded, Miriam smiled at me and put a hand on my back.
.

Miriam:I am glad you found love at last.

.
I smiled at her, i felt so glad to have had Miriam with me, she's so supportive of me, though she was a bit cranky and blunt at first we grew close and since then she's become like my second grandmother.
.

Rosa Marìa:I wish you the best in the relationship Jake!

Jake:Thank you Rosa!

.
She smiled at me, i smiled back at her and went to the backdoors to get changed and grab cleaning supplies to start work.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(another timeskip cuz i love those)

I get back to the dorm and take off my shoes and put them next to the door, i sit down and start getting to work on my laptop. I had some work to do for college that i've accidentally missed for a few days, i just hope i don't get a lower grade and fail the class.
I guess i didn't really check the time until i heard the door unlock, Tom entered the room and saw me, i noticed how stressed he looked as he took his mask off. did something happen?
.

Tom:Hey Jake, are you okay?

.
I nodded and kept on working on my laptop.
.

Tom:You don't look okay, did something happen?

.
I stop what i'm doing and turn to him.
.

Jake:Yeah i'm fine, it's just that i forgot to work on something for college and if i don't send it in a day i will get in trouble.

Tom:But you look tired?

Jake:It's fine i'm almost done.

.
He came over to me and gave me a hug, i was surprised but i hugged him back. It was comforting to be in his arms, i was suddenly in mid air and realized he picked me up, bridal style. I wanted to faint for how red my cheeks were.
He laid me down on my bed.
.

Tom:You really need to rest, you work yourself a lot.

.
I looked at Tom and smiled in defeat, he was so caring, it was almost hard to believe that he actually cared for my health.
I nodded and pulled him down on the bed with me to cuddle.
He laid next to me while we cuddled together, i planted kisses on his face, we began to rant about our days and some things we enjoyed.
I would always notice every now and then he would look uneasy, almost worried.
.

Jake:Are you okay?

Tom:Uh yeah, i'm fine!

.
I wasn't sure about that, i hugged him in comfort, he hugged me back and we stayed like that for some time.
After a while we decided to go to bed, he went to change inside the bathroom while i took my antibiotics and got changed here, when he got back we laid back on my bed and drifted to sleep in each other's arms.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up the next morning and got up, trying my best not to wake up Tom who was sleeping next to me, i went to the bathroom and noticed how my hair was losing a bit of color.
I didn't like my natural hair color, well you know what that means.
I grab a bottle of dark blue hair dye from the drawer and put a bucket in the sink, waiting for it to fill up with water.
I began to apply the dye on my hair, i was making a mess of course but i didn't like going to the hair salon to get my hair done so i did it myself.
I heard a knock at the door.
.

Tom:Jake are you in here?

.
I couldn't walk up to the door and open it since my hands were stained in blue dye and i would make an even bigger mess. I saw the bottle of hair dye on the floor and kicked it to the door to let Tom know i was inside. The bottle hit the door and i heard it unlock.
.

Tom:I'm sorry for entering without permission i just needed-

.
Tom looked at me with a surprised face, i smiled awkwardly as i continued with what i was doing.
.

Tom:Alright, i'll leave you be..

.
He grabbed something and got out of the bathroom.
.
.
.
I was finally done with my hair, i rinsed my arms for a while till the dye came off and cleaned up while i waited for my hair to dry, i was wearing a towel over it so the color wouldn't leak.
I finally got out, Tom looked at me and snickered.
.

Tom:You look like a mess, you didn't tell me you dyed your hair?

Jake:I only dye it because i don't like going to the hair salon.

Tom:That makes sense.

Jake:Sorry about the messes i make.

Tom:It's fine, don't worry about it.

.
I smiled at him, how is he so nice, he smiled back at me.
But his smile soon faded, he looked away upset. I went over to him and hugged him, he hugged me back and buried his face on my shoulder, i rubbed his back and placed kisses on his head in comfort.
We pulled apart from each other.
.

Jake:I'm sorry for asking but why are you so upset since last night, did something happen?

.
Tom was quiet, then spoke up.
.

Tom:Recently we got a mission over a couple of criminals, maybe even murderers, yesterday we searched up more about them and i found out something about one of the leaders that surprised me. And i got upset about the matter.

Jake:I'm sorry to hear that.

Tom:It's fine, i actually shouldn't let it weight me down and finish my job.

.
I gave him a kiss, he kissed me back, i don't know what he was or went through since he wouldn't tell me but i could try making him feel better about it.
.

(me if i get another interrogation/test and won't be able to finish chapter 11:) /j

(but srsly school and scoliosis is wrecking me with a truck and i just consumed my 5th tissue pack cuz i need to finish writing my new au's lore too aka the one from the second bonus chapter in this fanfict someone send help)