Chapter 18

(Jake's POV)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Well, this was it, we were standing infront of my parent's front door, i was so nervous i tightened my grip on Tom's hand unintentionally.
.

Tom:Are you sure you're ready for this?

Jake:Mhm.

.
I rang the bell, we waited for a minute until someone opened the door, it was my brother Fredrick, his eyes lit up and he began laughing as he pulled me into one of his tight hugs.
.

Fredrick:Big bro, you're back!!

Jake:Hey Fredrick.

.
Fredrick pulled away, still holding onto my arms with his hands, a shocked look on his face.
.

Fredrick:Since fucking when did you begin talking?!

Jake:A while?

Fredrick:Gee, but i'm glad you can finally talk now!

Jake:Me too, and it's nice to see you guys too!

Fredrick:Awww, that's so sweet, come on now let's go say hi to the birthday girl!!

.
Said Fredrick literally dragging me away down the hallway, jeez we even left Tom behind.
Fredrick hid me behind the wall next to the living room, i assume he wanted to surprise Charlotte.
.

Fredrick:Ohh Charlotte, guess who here!!

.
He said and pulled me out of the door, i saw Charlotte in the middle of the room for the first time in years, she's so grown up now it felt unreal.
Charlotte threw away something that she was holding and pounced at me, she gave me a tight hug as she cried on my shirt.
.

Charlotte:You came back, you finally came back i missed you so muchh!!!

.
Her voice cracked, i felt my heart sink at hearing her voice, i hugged her back feeling tears roll down my eyes.
.

Charlotte:Don't ever leave please i don't want you to!!

Jake:I won't this time i promise.

.
I guess i lied, after i came here uninvited and after what might happen between me and my parents i doubt they'll ever let me see Charlotte ever again, i saw Charlotte staring at me, her eyes were lit up from excitement.
.

Charlotte:You said your first words!!

Jake:They aren't exactly my first but yeah sort of!

Charlotte:I'm so happy for you!!

.
She gave me little kisses on the cheek, i giggled at the ticklish sensation on my face, i picked her up by her armpits and spun her around the room.
She yelled cheerfully as i did, i missed her so much.
Then my mother came barging in and walking towards me, anger visibly spreading through her face.
I lied, i wasn't ready at all to confront my parents, especially my mom.
.

:What are You doing here, you were never invited!

Zariah:Yeah, he wasn't, I invited him.

.
My mom stared at my sibling enraged.
.

:Young girl you're in big trouble, just wait and i'll get back to you soon!

.
Tom had already entered the room, he laid a hand on my shoulder as comfort, i smiled at him.
My mom was now looking at Tom, visibly annoyed, she wasn't homophobic but she wasn't a big fan of me dating before finding a stable job and all that stuff.
I looked down at Charlotte and told her to go and play with her friends for the time, she did just as i said and walked away to her friends, my mom, my dad and me went to another room so we wouldn't ruin the party, when we entered my mom began yelling at me about why i cut contact with them and stopped taking the antibiotics they gave me, my dad tried to hold her down as she screamed at me for answers.
.

Jake:I have a question for you though, i demand to know what's it about.

:Oh yeah sure let's run away from the more important subjects, that's all you're good at!

.
I hesitated for a moment before i finally spoke.
.

Jake:How is it possible i was only able to talk after i stopped taking those pills?

.
Both my parents were silent.
.

Jake:And is it true that those same pills you say that made me take my whole life were drugs to turn me mute?

.
My mom just stared at me in disbelief, she stammered trying to get words to come out of her mouth but couldn't.
.

Jake:So it's true.. You two have been drugging me my whole life, my own parents.

:Sweetheart we just wanted to..

Jake:Do you have any idea what i had to go through my entire life because of you!?

:Stop being so ungrateful everything we did was for your own good!

Jake:Oh so drugging me so i wouldn't be able to speak was for my own good, what good could that possibly have brought me!?

.
Me and my mother kept screaming at each other.
.

Jake:Where the fuck did you even get those drugs anyway!?

:From two people that look exactly like that little big buff boyfriend of yours!

Jake:Why do you care so much about who i am dating, and what do you mean that they looked like my boyfriend!?

:They have the same hair color, the woman had the same eye color everything about them looked similar to his appearance, they could all three be related for all i know!

.
I was confused, but i was tired of fighting with her, after this i will never speak to my mother ever again, not even if i got paid in cash. I was only here for Charlotte and my siblings, not for my parents.
I stormed out of the room, trying to calm myself down, i noticed Tom walking towards me.
.

Tom:Is everything okay? I heard the door slamming.

Jake:It's fine, i'm just very angry right now and i couldn't control myself.

.
I said, Tom gave me a hug and planted kisses on my forehead, i hugged him back and basically melted into his arms, it's like the fight between my parents never happened.
It was comforting to be in the arms of someone i felt safe with.
.

Tom:Do you want to go outside for a little bit? Maybe to blow off some steam.

Jake:No it's fine, let's just go downstairs, i wanna spend time with Charlotte.

.
Tom nodded, we broke the hug and went back downstairs, Charlotte ran towards me and grabbed my arm.
.

Charlotte:It's our favorite song, can we dance together please please please!!

Jake:Of course, come on!

.
My sister placed her feet on top of mine, we held each other's hands and began dancing to the song, she was laughing so much, i was glad of how happy i was making her today, but i still think about what my mom told me, "they looked just like your boyfriend" "they could be related for all i know!" the thoughts kept ringing inside my head,should i tell Tom?
I know for a fact he doesn't like speaking about his childhood or about his parents.
Maybe when we get back home we can talk.
.
.
.
.
(I'M SO FUCKING TIRED I WANNA SLEEP SO BAD, I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK ANYMORE UGH)