Safe as we know it

Armin POV
Its already so dark out, knowing her, mikasa is probably still at the tree. I packed a bag of food for her in hopes she eats.

You would think id cry longer but my heart feel so weak knowing i wont see eren til i die. Its almost bittersweet to know he's waiting for me.

Now that hes gone i need to hold my composure for mikasa and be ready to face paradis island.

From what i saw on the outside of town was yeagerist combing the streets like they owned the place.

However i cant let them see me because we did turn on them.

They dont even know we saved 20% of humanity as we know it or how Eren risked his life to give paradis island and friends a fighting chance to live long lives.

But tonight i will not dwell on the minor things. I will just greave with mikasa in the first silence we have had in years.

Finally arriving at the tree i see mikasa but she was asleep on someones shoulder. i cant make out the face of who she is with.

Its not jean or connie so who.........my body lost gravity. The blood leaving my face as the breath in my lungs strained to breath. "E-eren?"

Mikasa POV
i wake up abruptly as i hear Armins voice. "Armin?" Lightly getting up from under eren i lung to Armin as hyperventilates to his knees.

"Mikasa, h-how, H-he...." He trails off sobbing.

I pull armin into a hug " yes its really him armin." I almost whisper

I could hear eren shuffling over from behind. Dropping down hugging us both. We all start crying.

"W-we made it here armin. I made it home." Eren whimpers through his cries.

We sat like we were all going to disappear if we let go. Eventually we calmed and sat in a circle around a lantern. Armin attempted to feed me but i insist eren eats to build his strength.Of course it made him mad and he forced me to eat. Telling me ive thinned so much.

Taking the focus off me "Eren h-how?" Armin questions

"I don't really know. Ymire walked up to me grabbing my hand. I thought she wanted to walk to hell together. Instead she put a thumb on my forehead and told me "last chance." Then i was here."

I can feel my face heat up, while taking a bite of bread. erens stares at me "mikasa why is your face so red."

I look away quickly. "Mikasa you didnt do anything life threatening did you?" Armin says with worry in his voice.

"No...." I look up at the night sky in embarrassment "i uh yelled at ymire."

Eren grabs my hand "mikasa what did you say to her?" He ask eagerly

My embarrassment shot into rage "it doesn't matter, you're back aren't you" I unintentionally yell.

"But..." armin trails off but i give him a glare stopping him from finishing his sentence.

Eren smirks "shes right, i am back but on a serious note we have to find a way for me to get out of town."

"You're leaving" i blurt out "eren you just got you back."

"Have you guys not seen the town? Its swarming with yeagerist and i dont think its best you get involved with it eren. Especially if your head is still scrambled with past, present and future all at once." Armin states

Eren interrupts "actually its gone, along with the titans. Armin I'm as free as i could've ever dreamed." He says with a bittersweet look. "As for the yeagerist I'm afraid they would want me to lead them and what i did was not something to be proud of."