Protect Me

Erens POV
"Hey, Get down!" Armin shouts

Bullets fly through the tarp, one hitting my shoulder. With my adrenaline, I place my body over Mikasa.

"Connie, push forward" Armin Directs

I hear shots from our side but who could they be? No one knows we are in here, so they cant be after Mikasa or me.

Connie hits a bump, pouncing  us into the air. I reach to protect Mikasa's head, before she drops. The back of my hand smashes into the wood "damn it, sorry Mikasa. You're going to hurt."

This simple journey just keeps getting worse. The speed of the carriage shifts my weight into the wooden side wall. I wince at my pain, still attempting to hold myself steady.

Suddenly something metal starts pushing into my foot. Looking back I see some ODM gear. Lifting the blanket next to it was some thunder spears.

Getting up i run to the front "connie i need you to hold as steady as possible. Im going to shoot a thunder spear."

"Great!" He shouts over the noise. I start to walk back and hear him say "wait! Do you even know how to use that thing?"

"No, But ive seen it used a few times" i yell back. Rushing over to put on the gear, i lift the thunder spear, I think i can physically feel blood spewing from my wound.

Ignoring the pain, i shout opening the tarp "Armin! Jean! Move!"

Without question they both veer off into opposite directions. The three dumb horsemen just happen to be really close for me to only need one shot.

Pulling the trigger, the spear blew both them and the horse.Inevitably burning them to a crisp. My body collapses backwards, just enough to avoid a passed out Mikasa.

To think she slept through that amazes me. I guess her connection to Ymir's vision was more strenuous than i thought.

Taking a belt from the gear, I tie it around my arm as a tourniquet lying my head back.

Connie finally stops the carriage peaking into the back "Eren nice shot...." He trails off as he realizes im bleeding "Armin, Hes shot!" He calls for help

With a blink of an eye the back tarp is ripped off.  Armin jumps in frantically "where"

I hold up my right arm stopping him from getting closer "im fine"

"Stop trying to act cool. Mikasa's life is also your life remember?"

My heart drops a little "I take it back,hurry up and fix me."

Armin chuckles at my urgency "thats more like it. Don't you for a second think I forgot about our before death conversation either." He say grabbing medical supplies.

My cringy moment of confessing my feelings about Mikasa. Of course he wants to bring that up now.

I look over at connie as he finishes searching Mikasa for wounds. Jean pops his head over the back.

"Is she alright?" He ask connie

Gross pretty boy wants to be concerned "of course she is. I was here." I say defensively

"That doesn't say much" jean says dropping back out.

"Hey jean could you start a fire" armin ask. He moves without a word leaving me Pissed off.

"Doesn't Say much, what is that supposed to mean?" I say with agitation.

Connie laughs "Eren, mikasa has protected you even as a Titan. On top of the fact she had to make the hard decision to kill you."