His Stage

Annie's Pov
"Was that Erens flare?" I ask worried

Armin turns his horse seeing the flare "Annie we need to move, that flare means...."

Suddenly gunfire starts echoing from the direction of our home. The danger Levi talked about has finally arrived and we are at arms length.

Before we could take action Dinahs horse starts to freak out from all the ruckus taking her towards the forest.

My heart sinks as her horse heads towards some of the noise "Annie get the boys out of here, Ill go get Dinah." Armin directs

"But we shouldn't split up" I say with the worry of being separated

"Anne we promised to keep them safe. Bring them to safety and I will find you." He rides up placing a kiss on my lips "I love you." He says riding off into the enemy.

"I love you too" i whisper to myself, feeling the empty meaning behind words he cant hear.

I sigh knowing what I have to do. Guiding my horse in the opposite direction of the action "Come on we need to go now."

The boys stay quiet, listening to my every direction. Whether its out of fear or the trait of Levi, right now their instinct to listen is whats keeping them alive. we make our way through the woods. Until we see a convoy of men heading our way from the distance.

"Get off the horses, and get down" I shout over the gun fire.

I smack the horses rear sending them away, leaving us to travel on foot. We hide from the passing convoys of men.

Whoever these men are, there was hundreds of them. Although, the way they hold their weapons, walk without any formation or sense of guarding shows they are not trained in the slightest.

We watch as the third convoy rolls by, hiding once more. Right as we lower ourselves, Asher almost springs up "Its uncle..."

I pull him down grabbing him by the mouth, shushing him "shut up, they will hear you." I whisper into his ear.

He shakes his head understanding. Letting him go I see, Eren as he said. He was passed out in the back of a carriage. The next Carriage down had Min and Clara being watched by two men as they cry.

"We have to follow them" Kineth says with worry.

"I agree but I promised your father I would keep you safe." I say trying to sound like the level headed adult.

The last carriage was getting ready to pass until Kineth grabs Ashers hand running behind it.

"What the hell.." I say in an inaudible whisper. I get up quickly chasing them, unable to catch them without causing a scene.

They jump into the back of the tarpped supply carriage. My anger grew knowing they are putting us in danger but they had the right Idea to save eren and the twins.

Taking the opportunity, I jump in with them. Their eyes widen as I hit them both in the back of the head "You reckless brats could've gotten yourselves killed." I say silently, trying not to alert the soldiers.

Asher winces in silence as Kineth found it amusing "we have to do something" he whispers.

The kid makes it sound easy. If only he knew what I have to do. In order for us not to get captured I am going to have to kill the two in the front.

Damn it....im so tired of killing and yet here I am. But this time it is with my new clean consciousness without a titain.

I ball my hands into a tight fist thinking only of armin. "We are both murderers" this is what Armin once told me. He understands this dark side of me but what he always reminds me of, is that this is for survival.