Burning For Peace

Levi POV
"Captain" a kid shakes me awake.

"What do you want? And stop calling me captain. I'm retired."

"Miss Historia is requesting you. Do you need help."

"No, do i look crippled?"

The little boy laughs "yes,you do Mr. Captain"

"Hey its just a scratch." I unconsciously smirk at him  "now go do kid things Kineth." He smiles at me running out of my room.

Pulling my wheel chair closer to the bed, I lift my strained body over and start wheeling myself over Historia's porch.

Half way to the porch I can see Historia feeding her child. These stupid soldiers grew up so fast I seem like a grandpa at the age of 36.

"Captain Levi, sorry for waking you but we need some blood for testing." She ask as i make my way up. "We can go into the house so you're more comfortable."

Putting on my breaks I turn looking out to the land "No, here is fine, and stop calling me captain. I told everyone im retired." I say rolling up my sleeve.

Historia peaks in her front door "you heard him, bring it out here." Historia demands

A women with long Ginger hair walks out with her supplies. She was thin but has a healthy look to her.

She enters the needle as I stare into her blue eyes "hey" I say sternly. A blush shadows her face.

"Yes, Mr. Ackerman?"

"Your eye's, they remind me of the ocean."

"Umm I don't know what an ocean looks like. Is that a good thing?" She questions shyly.

I forgot not everyone has seen what ive seen "Thats up to you. Would you find a large body of water, that reflects a sparkling shimmers of light, beautiful?"

She smiles "That sounds like a dream." She says, pulling out the needle.

"Then i guess they are like a dream." Faking a cough she gathers her things to leave. I cant help but want to tease her. "Wait, what is your name."

Pausing without looking back she responds "Akiko"

She goes inside as Historia comes back from laying her child down to rest. "So how are the kids." She says sitting down next to me.

"If you say it like that people will think they are mine."

"You are their Oldest cousin."

"To think Kenny had time to have three kids while trying to kill me. Then have to nerve to die after."

"True. Thanks to some of our marleyan scientists, you might be running with them sooner then you think."

"We don't even know if the theory is real." I remind her.

"The Yeagerist already made their attempt on you three times since you've been back. I'm determined to get you back on your feet." She sighs "because if this is real, the Ackerman line is in danger."

"Between me and Mikasa they are going to have to work like hell to get a drop of blood. Plus no one even knows about Kenny's kids."
Historia chuckles "have we pushed out the yeagerist yet?"

"We push out tomorrow. With the marleyans we can push them out faster than anticipated. Then we can finally start advancing paradis." She says with confidence

To think I made it to a world where we can advance further than a wall. What they were all fighting for has finally happened. The only thing standing in our way now is the Ackerman blood.