What Makes A Man

Eren's POV
Armin walks over when jean leaves, stopping me from loading "Eren, we've made a discovery and I think you should hear this."

Turning to face him, I could feel our happiness slipping by just one look....

Armin chuckles "Eren don't look so distraught. Historia's scientists have figured out that Levi's power can't be transferred. meaning Mikasa is safe."

Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders I hug Armin as if he found a cure to a disease "Thats great" I say with excitement

He lightly pats my back "But it doesn't mean people still wont try to come at her." He gives a light sigh "Historia is still looking for that serum for Levi you talked about, but I question whether it could enhance Mikasa's ability to full peek if she tries it."

Letting him go I furrow my brows "Armin, She wont need something like that. Anyone that comes our way, we will deal with it together." I say feeling a sense of useless again.

I know I love her but that small part of my brain thats always jealous gets the best if me when I think of her strength.

Every piece of me just wants to protect her. Is my ego so bad that I would jeopardize the idea of her being strong to protect herself?

I just need to get stronger...

Armin shakes his head like he was trying to get rid of the idea "sorry, you're right." He says sounding guilty that he mentioned it.

I face palm myself "No, dont be sorry." I breath my frustration "If she ever finds a serum bring it. Mikasa deserves to make her own decision."

"Wow" he says in shock

"What?"

"You're more obsessed after your first time huh."

I put him in a head lock "Am not you ass" I say messing up his hair.

Suddenly Armin drops his weight, swiping my feet from under me. Next thing I knew I was face to face with the sky.

Armin looks over me, with a proud smirk "consider that payback for hitting me when I tried to protect Mikasa."

I sit up holding the back for my head "looks like you might of hit her a yourself." I say shocked at how fast he has become.

Armins eyes widened as the back door opens. Mikasa sprung to me but annie walks out hitting Armin square in the back of the head.

"Think before revenge" Annie says plainly as he gives an unapologetic smile.

I laugh but Mikasa hits me even harder behind my head "Hes right, you deserved that. I heard the last part." She explains with her famous glare.

I look around realizing jean was missing. The idea of him lingering around Mikasa's things annoys me "wheres Jean?" I ask

"Oh....hes eating some breakfast."

"Hes eating my breakfast!" I say loud enough for him to hear. Before I could get up Mikasa grabs my ear.

"I told you not to be late and he helped unpack."

I pout feeling the jealousy heat my face. I don't know why she is so nice to him. I was sure when I came back, that the timeline would change our path to the right one but the slight chance she could choose him, honestly pisses me off.

"I think there is enough for all of us" annie says plainly

Mikasa stands up reaching her hand to help me up. She looks away holding in her laugh as she knows I hate being teased.