The Man Behind The Queen

Mikasa's POV
"Eren do you remember the song we heard playing in Marley, when we were in those tents?" I ask, kneading into dough.

On the couch reading, Eren shifts his attention to me "You mean before I...."

"Eren im serious" I pout, knowing he's about to ruin the memory by talking about the rumble

With a smile he gets up walking behind me.He grabs my waist, putting his chin on my shoulder "oh you mean the night we danced under the stars, just you and me?"

He leans in placing a seductive kiss on my neck "Yeah.....I was trying to remember the tune." I say, attempting to hum for him.

spinning me around, he pulls me in close "it goes more like this...." he says, humming the tune.

Taking my floured hands we start dancing to the melody he remembered. I Hum along with him, dancing with every step like that night.

Pulling me into him once more I lay my head on his chest, as we sway side to side. Looking up to meet Erens gaze, I hold his cheeks to go up for a kiss with closed lids.

Until my hands felt a sudden weight. Opening my eyes, my heart stops. The sunken Titan marks appear under his eyes. Realizing I am holding Erens head like before. my body starts shaking "E-Eren..."

Sucking in a breath, my eyes open to a dark room full of beds. Still shaking, tears fall gently down my face as I realize it was a dream.

The arm around my waist starts to twitch "N-No..." I hear Eren voice mumble in fear.

Wiping my tears, I turn to his face  full of sweat as he grinds his teeth. Slightly hesitant, I reach up to caress his face like my dream "You're ok Eren, wake up." I say placing a light kiss on his lips praying this time it isnt a dream.

His eyes shoot open with terror, but calms as he sees my face. Still dazed, he lets out a breath of relief, unconsciously kissing my forehead. With a tired smile he turns, going back to sleep.

After a long night of the kids transfusions, Armin managed to convince us to get some rest. The medics sent us across the hall into an extension of  the unoccupied medical area.

Awake, I sit up to see Levi leaning on the door frame "Does he always do that?" He says referring to erens nightmare.

Relieved he didn't witness me wake up I sigh, running a hand through my hair "Stuff like this tends to set off his PTSD, but I'm use to it."

He hums in response, understanding what we all go through. More than likely he has the same types of nights. I look at the time, realizing it's 4am. "What are you doing up?"

He nudges his head towards an occupied bed. Looking closer, it was Kineth and Asher sound asleep "I just picked them up from Onyankopon. Apparently they refused to sleep until the saw me."

putting on my shoes, I smile to myself "It must be nice to have them all back in one spot." Getting up I kiss erens head, walking towards the door that Levi stands.

As I was about to walk past him he coughs awkwardly, holding up an arm to block my exit "maybe you should wait in here for a moment."

I hear sniffles from across the hall. over his shoulder I can see a woman hugging Akiko. I look at Levi in question.

"Apparently, your husband saved her mother from Redress Village and made a promise to her. Im just helping to fulfill it." He says avoiding eye contact.

"Is that so..."I say, leaning against the wall. "Her mother must've done something remarkable to persuade him to save her."I say Moving my gaze towards Eren.