The heart of Leonhart

Past: The Rumble
Annie POV
In the middle of the rumble, trying to help Reiner and Pieck. I remember blinking back into my crystal. At the time, this type of situation was common. With so much darkness, I always found myself dreaming of the impossible.

However,  when I found myself in the crystal my eyes were open. I scanned the room confused on my situation until a familiar face walked in.

"Hey Annie." Armin stood in front of me, letting out a heavy sigh of exhaustion.

When I stared into his ocean blue eyes, I could actually feel my heart beat faster. Leaving a warm sensations throughout my body.

He was as handsome as he was in my dream, when he confessed to me on the boat "I wish you would just say something Annie." He said as he reached to touch the crystal.

Somehow I had control of my hand. I reached back wanting to touch him too. Til the whole crystal around me popped like a bubble, splashing into water. Revealing Eren Yeager.

"Annie" He said with an emotionless expression.

My hand retracted back to my chest in shock from the delusion "where.....what is happening."

"You are in the paths. I just happened to enter an old conversation you had with Armin."

"Why come talk to me? I have nothing to say?" I say plainly

Eren goes to lean against the wall, crossing his arms "always trying to act cool Annie, I thought you would've begged me to save the people you love"

"I have no one that close to me." I lied

"So Armin means nothing?" He scoffed, "there's no point in lying to me Annie. Ive already seen everything."

I felt my face flush scarlet "Did you come here to patronize me or do you have a purpose?" I said trying to keep composed.

"I came to ask you for a favor?"

confused on what I could offer but listen anyway "what is it?"

"I need you to watch over Mikasa"

"Why don't you? Why don't you just...."

He interrupted "just what? Stop?" He let out a dark laugh "If I don't die, the rest of you will. This is a fate I have to choose. To die saving everyone from a world of titans."

My chest sank as I realized his dark laugh was full of pain "T-thats not fair..." was all I could say.

He stared blankly to the ground "If you feel that way then protect her, her future kids even."

That was the first time that I truly want to cry for someone else's pain. Erens sacrifice felt so forced and unfair.

"Ok, but who are you going to ask to watch over Armin? Did you forget about him" I question

Eren looked up lifting a brow "Don't worry, you'll have that handled..." he smirked "naturally"

My breath hitched "what is that supposed to mean?"

"Sorry Annie, we've run out of time. Don't worry, after this there will be no more Titans and you can live a normal life......just protect her." He almost pleaded while walking out of the room. When I woke up, I heard the cries of Armin.

"What about you, you idiot" I whispered under my breath.

Present: Redress Village
"Kineth why are they doing that to..."  Asher ask, tugging on Kineth

"Be quiet" he whispers. Asher holds onto his brother with the eyes of concern.

I scan the area, finding openings to hide the kids while I find a way to save Eren. Until my eyes witness Clara and Min being held by soldiers.