Understanding Faults

Erens POV
"Pull down the sail or we will lose it!" Pieck yells to Falco and connie.

With too much Cargo in Cabin, Jean,Elizabeth, and Mikasa attempt to strap everything down so I can bring Clara to safety.

The storm starts pulling us into the waves as I hold Clara on the benches in the pit "Eren we are almost done, try to hand her to me" Mikasa yells, reaching out to us.

Attempting to hand her over a wave launches us in the Air. Latching onto Clara, I hit my back protecting her from the fall.

I watch as Mikasa gets tossed across the boat. Catching herself on the railings, she holds on off the side of the boat.

"Mom" Clara shouts

putting clara on my back, I rush towards the side  "hold on tight so I can get your mother"

"Right" she says unnerved from the situation.

Reaching over I grab her hand just enough to keep her from falling off. Connie and Jean race up to help me as Elizabeth grabs Clara off my back.

Pulling her up, Another wave hits us, laying us flat to the deck  "Is Clara alright" mikasa panics

"Shes fine, Ive got her" Elizabeth confirms

Everyone manages to get in the cabin, but the last wave takes my feet out from under me, throwing me down the stairs.

I see Mikasa's knees bounce with every step I hit "Geez Eren, are you alright?" Connie reaches to help me up.

I wince, taking his hand "I think I've been better"

Opening the cabin doors, Pieck and Falco rush in "Is everyone alright?" Falco ask, wringing out his coat.

"I officially hate boats" Jean whines, pouring water out of his boot.

"I can help you dry off if you like..." Pieck winks, but Falco elbows her "what was that for?"

"Theres a very smart kid in the room, don't make her absorb your nonsense." Falco scolds sitting at the table.

Clara puffs her cheeks, walking into the room. Mikasa raises a brow following behind her.

"Well we cant do anything til the storm has passed, so everyone should get some rest." I state, heading towards the room.

"While you do that, Im drinking. Anyone else?" I hear Connie offer

"I-I'll join you.." Liz says as I close the door behind me.

"Mom I've got it, you don't have to help me."Clara whines to Mikasa helping her put on a sweater.

"Don't talk to your mother like that" I scold

Mikasa gives me a slight smile for my defense but gives me the eyes of 'I got this.' With a sigh, I lean on the wall in silence to let them speak.

"Little bean, whats wrong? You've never minded my help before?" She ask gently

"Im not little mom..." she looks away, crossing her arms "Everyone treats me like im a baby," she turns abruptly with determined eyes "but I can be strong too!"

"You were strong when you held on. That counts for defense training if you think about it." I chime in

"Dad, thats not defense. I just cant Swim like Min can."

A heavy feeling in my chest weighs at the sound of his name, leaving me speechless.

Mikasa sits on the bed and rubs her shoulder, responding in my stead "Staying safe is just as brave."