Timeline

Erens POV
As the man on the horse changes his aim i see a slight reflection of a barrel in the corner of my eye. Without hesitation i yell "wait, don't shoot!"

Three seconds was all i needed as a distraction. Next thing I knew, red splatters onto my clothes from two perfect head shots.

Reaching for my face i can feel a slight cut that burns just upon the flesh of my left cheek. With no blood i knew the pain did not belong to me.

"Mikasa" I rush her, grabbing her cheek and checking her shoulder. I let out a sigh as they are as they feel, just flesh wounds.

Although I'm starting to get a little pissed off considering her pain tolerance is higher than mine. Now that i don't have my titan abilities I'm basically useless to her.

Armin runs over to us "are you guys alright" he worries, examining us for wounds "Mikasa you're cut."

She touches her face with a blank stare, "i guess i am." Her eyes widens, moving her attention onto me.

She must've realized I feel her pains too. Her expression becomes apologetic but I lightly shake my head "I'm alright" I slightly lie as it bothers me enough to actually notice.

"Mikasa, lets go inside so i can check your wounds." Armin insists as he guides her inside.  Before I can follow, two people come to view. Standing unmoved behind Armin was  Jean, and Connie.

"You're alive" Connie says while walking towards me with a fast pace. As he approaches me he opens his arms to hug me and starts crying. "T-thank you for keeping your promise with my mom." He sniffles "shes alive."

Jean took his time walking over. His emotions look the complete opposite of Connies. In fact he looks angry. I guess hes not grateful for not being a titan anymore.

I put my focus back on Connie "please dont thank me, what i did was to selfishly save all of you."

With his arms crossed Jean huffs at my statement "what, was sasha just not apart of that selfish hope?"

Connie wipes his tears looking down at his feet. You can see his back and forth emotions about her name being mentioned cross his face.

"Thats not true" i say plainly.

Jean gets enraged, pushing connie and thrashing his fist into my abdomen "thats not what I saw when you laughed, you piece of shit."

I take a step back to dodge but fail. I can feel the air leave my lungs. "M-Mikasa" i struggle to say.

As jean punches me we can hear the table crash to the floor "MIKASA" Armin shouts

Jean and connie hear the commotion and run inside leaving me doubled over on my knees. I look through the door as they rush in to see her  also doubled over on the floor.

We make eye contact as we both breathe through getting the wind knocked out of us. Seeing her like this kills me, Its all my fault and she pays the price with me.

I want to slam my fist into the ground but even that would hurt her. Ahhhh Fuck. I hate this vulnerability. My weak human body, has become her weakness.

Jean helps up Mikasa as Armin comes running to my aid "Eren what just happened. You both hit the ground." You can see Armin understands "is this somehow a connection between you two"

"Yes" I respond.

I always knew Armin was the smartest of us but seeing it in person always amazes me.

I walk over to Mikasa who is sitting in the chair and kneel down on both knees in front of her. I grab her hands, lifting them in to my face. Letting out a heavy sigh. Im so frustrated with myself for not dodging fast enough. I could feel the stares as everyone stands silently behind us.