Over My Dead Body

Connie's POV
"Connie, stay with us kid....."I hear Levi's voice

"What the hell happened"Armins voice rings through

"Dammit, hes going into shock. If we don't act now his organs will shut down...."

"Dinah, step back..."

"what are you three doing here, you need to..."

"Let us help him dad..." Kineths voice fades as the rest of the conversation mutes....

A tunnel of light suddenly beams forward, relieving my body of all of its pains. My body being pulled through the light, flashes of memories from throughout my life appear in the surrounding.

At the end of the tunnel the light grew so bright I close my eyes "Connie, why are you always napping at night. Dinner is ready boy..."

My lids shoot open "M-mom"

Looking around I am back my house that burned down "of course its me? Did that nap take your memory to....."

My eyes water, Abruptly I get up to hug her, interrupting her rant "I-Im so sorry mom..."

With hands held in shock, she relaxes hugging me back with a chuckle "what has gotten into you?"

I just shake my head, taking in this moment "Connie, you know you're not supposed to be here.."

holding her shoulders, I pull back to look at her in question "what did you say..." She smiles shaking her head, pointing behind me.

Turning, My body goes tense "it's been a while..."

"Sasha...." My voice cracks as I let the Tears poor down my face.

She looked more beautiful than I remembered, wearing a long white dress as her brown hair lay on her shoulders.

Opening her arms, she grins "Do I not get I hug?"

My body moves instantly, rushing into her arms. Her head lays on my chest "I must be dead..." I almost whisper, exhaling in relief.

She huffs  "you really are still a slow idiot..." she trails off, pulling away, looking up at me.

I furrow my brows "And you're still more of an idiot than me." We laugh together

"But its time to leave. There is still more to do..." she says kissing my cheek. My heart aches knowing I have to leave her again. Realizing it is not my time to die.

"Ill miss you sasha." I wipe the tears off my face

"Until we meet again" her voice echoes back, as she disappears like a mist

Turning I see my mother walking up to reach for my face "Its not your fault connie"

I lean my face into her hand "It is mom I..."

"Now you stop that nonsense. I lived a beautiful life, now you go back to live yours. Do you hear me..." her character changes

I look at her with a gentle smile "I love you mom...."

"I love you too my baby boy.." she says pushing me into a cloud....

Blinking awake, a woman with long blonde hair, is wringing out a towel in a bucket.

"I cant believe I get left with a stranger. Its sister in law, not take care of your husband's friends...." I hear a soft voice complain. "Like seriously I'm not his mom..."she mumbles.

I scoff, "I hope not, she dead..." I say harshly, getting up.

She jumps in shock "oh my...." She squeaks holding her chest.