Chapter 10

LENA

I woke up with a start. I heard shouting coming from downstairs.

What the hell was going on?

Moving up slowly in bed, I felt an ache between my legs.

Images of the night's events came flooding back. He came back to mind.

Emmett.

Fuck.

I slept with a complete stranger. But something about him made me feel things—more than I should from someone I had just met.

Emmett felt familiar somehow, but how? We only met last night.

I shook my head and sighed as I moved to the edge of the bed.

There was movement outside, and the door swung open to a man I had never met. "Well, well, what do we have here?" he grumbled. His eyes bore back.

A shiver rippled through me as I moved the sheet over my exposed flesh.

"Who..." I stutter, which only makes him grin.

"Oh, is the little human princess scared?" he said as he moved into the bedroom. My eyes stay glued to him, but as he cocks his head to the side. His eyes turn—red, with black veins rippling under his eyes.

My eyes widened.

What the actual hell?

I moved out of bed, taking the sheet with me as he moved fast and gripped my neck.

I let out a scream as he hissed, exposing two very pointy fangs.

"If Emmett can have you," he murmured. "So can I?"

Another scream rippled through me as he moved closer, but there were sounds of more footsteps, and a loud growl echoed around the room.

The man before me grinned as he looked toward the door.

My eyes followed to where he was looking and saw Emmett with the same look as the man, but a lot more angier.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY MATE," he roared.

My eyes widened. What the hell is a mate?

"Mate?" the man before grumbled. "That explains a lot."

"Let. Her. Go!" Emmett growled again.

The man smirked as his fangs prod. With one swift movement, I was in front of him with his hands firmly around my neck. The sheet that was covering was now disregarded to the ground, making me completely naked in front of Emmett and a few other men who stood behind him. The man's hands go around my waist, keeping me in place.

"Make me," the man murmurs. I felt his hot breath on my neck, which made me close my eyes, but a gust of wind knocked me for six and sent me hurtling to the ground with a thud.

"You're dead," Emmett growled as I opened my eyes. My eyes went to the door, where men were staring at me. I moved and grabbed the sheet, placing it around me. I covered my body with it, even though there was no point, as everyone had seen everything now.

My cheeks went red with embarrassment, but the scene that made me look back at Emmett and the other guy shook me in fear.

I could feel the anger roll off both of them as Emmett forced the man and made him knee on the ground. What the hell was he?

Another man barged in, panting, with a female behind him. Lipstick smeared all over his face. There were clear signs that they were kissing.

Emmett growled and glared back at the man, now staring wide-eyed at me and then back at Emmett. "Needed a cunt, did you?" he hissed. "You were supposed to be protecting her?"

The man said nothing. His face changed. "I will take him down—" he said, but Emmett growled. "No, you did enough."

Emmett looked around at the men in the room. "Place Marshall in chains in the foyer," he gritted out, looking back at the man. "I want to show everyone what happens when you touch what's mine."

The man nodded and gripped hold of Marshall. He pushed him out of the room. His eyes scanned the room. "Everyone out!" Emmett shouted.

He waited for everyone to leave, and then his eyes returned to me.

Emmett moves toward me, but I move back. "Don't," I whisper as a lone tear escaped. I don't know if it was fear or what had happened, but all I wanted to do more than anything was run and never look back. I could see the hurt in Emmett's eyes, but I couldn't comfort him. I didn't even know him.

And not only that, what the hell was he? He looked like a monster.

"Lena," Emmett whispers, but I shake my head again. "Don't. Leave." Even though I wanted nothing more than to jump in his arms, which was worrying. I couldn't. My body was frozen in fear at what I had witnessed.

His eyes bore into mine, which makes me close to mine. I couldn't look at him, not now.

More tears escaped as I heard the door close.

I opened my eyes and felt my body slowly loosen, but the door opened again to reveal my two best friends, Whitney and Sasha.

Worry consumed their faces as they came over to me and knelt. Whitney's hand touched my knee, only for me to tense at her touch.

"Lena," she whispered. "We won't hurt you."

My eyes went to hers.

Why would I be—

"What are they?" I whispered, staring back at them.

Neither of them spoke, but I needed to know. I was losing my mind about all this.

"What are they?" I said a little louder.

"You don't need to—" Sasha said, which made me shake my head. "I need to know," I said, looking at her. "Their eyes changed to red, and the black veins... what are they?"

Sasha opened her mouth but closed it again.

My eyes dart between them. "Well," I asked.

"Are they monsters?" I blurt out, but Sasha shook her head. "They are not—"

"They are sort of monsters," Whitney blurted out, making me look at her, confused. "What kind?"

I move slowly but scrap my hand on something hard, which causes me to wince in pain. I moved up and noticed that my finger was bleeding.

A growl rippled through the air, which made me look toward Sasha, who now looked like Emmett and the other guy. Her eyes were blood red, and her fangs prod through her mouth.

I moved back as Whitney moved and covered me with her body. "Sasha, don't," she shouted. "It's Lena, our friend. She's not food."

My heart spiked. Food? What the hell did she mean by that?

My brain was trying to process everything, but it was fuzzy.

Sasha closed her eyes and moved back till she got to the door, away from me.

Whitney turned to face me and gave me a small smile. "She won't hurt you," she said, touching my knees. I move back, hitting the bedside table and shaking my head.

This was too much.

They needed to leave.

"Please leave," I whispered, glancing between Whitney and Sasha.

My mind was running away from me. I needed to think, but there was nothing I could do, not with the way my head was.

A few stray tears escaped.

Whitney moved toward me, concerned, but I shook my head violently. "Don't," I whisper as I close my eyes.

There was silence.

An eerie silence.

I opened my eyes to find they had both gone and a clicking noise from outside. Without thinking, I move up and run to the door, only to find it locked.

They locked me in here.

"No, no, no, no," I stutter as I try to open the door, but there is no use as I slip onto the floor and let the tears flow.

What the hell did I get myself into?