Chapter 26

EMMETT

The meeting went on for a further two hours. I told them everything I could about Lena and our situation. Many were shocked. I lasted as long as I did, but most were happy for me to have her by my side soon.

They all wanted to know if they could help, but I told them I had it covered.

They were all out of the house for the red moon. Thinking back, most of them were willing for something to happen. Part of me was praying the same thing, but I had to be realistic about it. Lena was human, and I knew I couldn't force her to do anything, or I would lose her, and that would mean I would have lost fifteen years for nothing.

If Lena told me she wanted nothing to do with me, I would have let her be, even stopped stalking her every movement and moved away. The only way I would stay away would be to switch off my human side, but that was a far stretch.

Stepping out of the dining and out of my thoughts, I found Gage standing near the stairs with his phone out. "What's wrong?" I asked, stepping up to him.

Gage looked up and smiled. "Claudia," he said. "She wants me to bring some snacks up for Lena. They will watch films while Whitney and Sash deal with her apartment."

I grinned.

"Sure," I said. "What is happening with the apartment? Have the girls mentioned to you what is going on?"

Gage nodded. "Yeah," he said. "They just got there. It seems some of the others want to help. They said that they will bring it all back and up to the main room you have made for her."

I said nothing but nodded.

Gage stared at me and sighed. "It's a good thing they are accepting her," he said. "You did the right thing in telling me what you have been going through. All of them are willing to help in any way they can, and they are also even willing to be away from the house during the red moon."

"I know," I muttered, looking around. "I just want to keep Lena safe."

Gage nodded.

"I wonder how she really feels about all this," he said. "You gave her loads of information to think about."

I felt the same. I wanted to know what she was thinking.

Letting out a sigh, I looked up the stairs. "I'm going up to her new room and make sure it is already for her things."

Gage nodded and grinned. "I will help," he said. "I will drop off food to her and then help you."

I nodded and walked up. It took everything in me not to stop by my room and walk in. I wanted to see her.

Walking past was the hardest thing I had to do, and I carried on till I reached the top floor. I smiled as I spotted the door. I converted the whole top floor into Lena's space. It will look like her apartment by tomorrow.

I opened the door and headed inside. My eyes scanned every little detail as a smile played on my lips. The people I had in here to do the work finished painting earlier this evening.

There was plenty of room for everything, but it was the two patio doors that caught my eye. I wanted to make it even more home for her. I had a balcony placed. It was small but could hold a small table and two chairs on the side. It would be a perfect spot for her to do some paintings, as the view is out of this world.

This place has more floors, but it is the scenery that makes up it. Every single room has a view of the forest, but it is only the top two floors that have a view showing over the trees. When there is a full moon, it looks like it is resting on top of the trees, and when the fog sets in, it covers most of the trees, only leaving the tips of some of the taller trees.