Chapter 24

EMMETT

As soon as she closed the door, my eyes went back to the drawing she did. She captured me in a different light.

My eyes went to my drawing. I frowned. I was nowhere near as good as her. I can draw buildings or objects, but a person has a different nature. I folded up her drawing and placed it in my pocket. I looked at mine and did the same but placed it in a different pocket. I didn't want anyone to see it.

I grabbed my phone and rang Gage, who answered after the second ring. "Please tell me you didn't argue," he muttered, which made me frown. "What? No," I said. "Why would you think that?"

"Well, when I was there, she gave off some weird vibe," he said. "It was hard to figure out what."

I let out a sigh as I leaned back in my chair. "I told her everything," I said. "The red moon, biting and marking her. Also, the surprise of the new room caught her completely off guard."

"Wait!" he called. "You told her about biting and marking her? That would fry anyone's brain, especially a human."

"I know," I grunt. "I didn't think it through properly. I think it was all too much at once."

"So, I'm assuming she's not with you because you wouldn't dream of making her blush?" he asked, amused.

An image of her with a red flush spread across her cheeks made my cock harden in my pants.

Shaking away the thought, or this would be a really awkward call with my friend. "Claudia came and told me the others were back, and they seemed hyped about the red moon," I said. "Lena is with Claudia, Sasha, and Whitney. They are going to have a girl's night and even help her pack."

"I am aware of the others being hyped," he grunted. "They were all talking about what they were planning on doing."

"Well, I want you to get all of them together," I said. "In the foyer now. Send a text or whatever. I need to make sure they understand what is going on."

"Sure," he said. "Are you going to tell them about Lena?"

I said nothing. I knew I had to tell them, but it was a hard topic.

"I—" I said, but Gage huffed. "Em, you need to tell them the truth. They need to know the entire story," he said. "Once they know, they will understand you better and why Lena is here."

"Okay," I said. "Lena will be with the girls for the rest of the evening." I let out a sigh. "You're right," I muttered. "They need to know the truth about her."

"Okay," he said. "I will set the meeting up in the dining hall in the next few minutes. What do you want to do after?"

My eyes move to the door as I ponder over the question. "I might go up to her new room," I muttered. "I can put the finishing touches on it and then see her afterward."

"You already seen her," he said with a chuckle.

"I know," I growled. "But all I want to do is see her. The red moon is going to be a lot worse for me. I need to make sure I have as much time with her beforehand, but even spending loads of time with her wouldn't subside the need. We both know that."

"Will you want me to chain you in your office?" he asked.

I said nothing. Being chained to my office could work, but as vampires, we don't enjoy being caged up. It makes us crazy. "We will come up with something," I said. "I will meet you in the dining room in a few minutes."

"Sure," he said and hung up.

I turned toward the window, and I let out a sigh.

Everything that I had worked hard for the last fifteen years with my mate, keeping her safe from all harm and my kind. Now, she was learning about us, and believing she may be with me forever was scary. Half of me wanted her to agree when I mentioned biting and marking her, but her face when she said she was fine made me realize that was a dream on my part. I knew telling her all was too much, but it needed to be said. She needed to know it all.