Chapter 16

LENA

TWO DAYS LATER

Claudia leaned back on the bed and laughed at Sheldon from the Big Bang theory.

I smiled, but my head wasn't with it to watch anything.

Over the last two days, Claudia and I have been in Emmett's room. She has told me more about him and vampires, but part of me thinks she has left out a few things.

I learned Emmett has lived all over the world and had properties in most countries. He is seven hundred and ninety-one. When Claudia first told me his age, I was drinking some tea and spat it all over me and her. It even came out of my nose.

The initial shock was that I had sex with an ancient old man, which was sickening. But when you see Emmett, you may think that he was thirty.

I shook my head as Claudia laughed again.

Watching her, you would never have thought that she was a vampire. Her story was unreal to me. She was turned when she didn't expect it and stayed with the one who turned her, only for him to leave her behind when he found his next piece of ass—her words, not mine.

Claudia mentioned that most vampires here have different stories about how they were turned, and some are more cruel than hers.

"What's up?" Claudia blurts, pulling me from my thoughts and making me look at her. I shrugged, trying to figure out those two words as she stared at me.

A few questions have been bugging me since I found out about them. What was a mate? But the main one was when could I leave this room? I have been in here for three days now, and the only things I seem to do are sleep, shower, and eat. I need some sunlight and air. I wanted to go back to my apartment.

I remember asking her the first night, but Claudia shut me down. She told me it wasn't safe. I don't know why it wasn't safe. She never gave me a straightforward answer or would change the subject, which was her go-to when she didn't want to talk about something.

I said nothing as her eyes lingered on me until she looked toward the bag she brought in today.

"You know Whitney and Sasha went by your house and picked up some clothes for you," she said, moving off the bed. She picked up the bag and looked at me.

I move forward slightly, eyeing the bag. It looked more than clothes that were in there. "What else?" I asked, praying that there was a notebook or something I could do.

I didn't mind watching TV, but it wasn't my go-to. Normally, I would have some music on for background noise when I paint. It didn't have to be anything particular as long as it helped me concentrate.

"Well, Whitney mentioned you liked to draw," she blurts, making me look back at her.

Claudia smiled.

"I bought one for you," she said. "I know you like painting and drawing. I ordered some art supplies, but they won't be up for another day or two. Maybe you could use this instead."

I watched Claudia's hand go into the bag and pulled out a notebook.

I grinned as she approached me and placed it in my hands. She went back into the bag and pulled out some colouring pencils.

"Thank you," I smiled as I opened the first page.

"You're welcome," she said. "Oh, I forgot to mention. Emmett has let all the other vampires leave tonight, so we can wonder if you like to stretch your legs around the house."