Chapter 25

LENA

The walk back to the room was silent between Claudia and me.

As we approached, Whitney and Sasha stood outside. They looked up at me and smiled. "Did you and Emmett talk?" Whitney asks, smiling. "Did he tell you about the new room?"

I gave her a nod but said nothing.

The atmosphere changed slightly as I opened the door and headed inside. The girls followed me inside and closed the door. I walked over to the bed and sat down, my eyes moving to them.

"Lena," Sasha said. "What's wrong? It's a lovely surprise and—"

"It's not the surprise," I said, cutting her off and looking between them. "Emmett told me all about the red moon and about—" but I stopped. My eyes stayed on them.

"And?" Whitney asked.

I wanted to tell them about the biting and marking, but the words failed me. Why was it so hard to even talk about him biting and marking me? To be Emmett's forever. That would be something for every little girl's fantasy. I was once mine, but I don't really know the guy.

Yeah, we spent many afternoons together and talked about each other. He makes me feel things that no other man has ever, but how could I feel like this towards a man I have only known less than a week?

My mind raced.

"Lena?" Sasha called out, pulling me back to them.

My eyes darted up and saw their concerned faces. I let out a sigh. "The red moon was one of the things he had mentioned to me," I murmured. "The other was biting and marking me."

I watched as all three as their eyes widened. "He mentioned about biting and marking you?" Claudia whispered, which only made me nod.

Letting all fear go, I took the plunge and told the girls everything he said. Neither of them interrupted me. They listened.

"So, what is wrong with that?" Whitney asked, sitting down in the chair. "At least he is looking out for you."

I stared at my friend and gave her a small smile. "I know that," I said. "I feel grateful to him even to consider my feelings."

"But?" Sasha said, sitting on the edge of the bed with Claudia sitting next to me.

I looked between each one before I looked to the ground. "But what if I want him to?" I whispered.

"Lena, are you saying you would let him mark you?" Claudia asked, making me look at her. "Yeah... I don't know..." I muttered, feeling slightly conflicted.

"I don't know how I should feel," I blurt. "I only known the guy for nearly a week, and what I am feeling toward him, I would never feel like this with a guy in the first week. But with Emmett, it is weird. It is like I have known him for years." My eyes lingered on her for a little, but there was a look she gave me I couldn't recognize. "Weird, huh?" I asked, making Claudia's eyes soften.

"No," she said, placing her hand in mine. "It's not weird."

"It's the mate bond," Sasha said, making me turn toward her. My eyebrows shot up. "Mate bond?" I muttered, sounding confused. "What's—"

"Mate bond happens between the supernatural world," Whitney said. I looked over at her as she continued. "It happens when mates haven't mated or marked each other, which Emmett and you haven't done. It seems you want him just as much as he wants you."

"Will it hurt?" I blurt, looking between them. "I mean being marked and bitten."

Sasha and Whitney smiled but shrugged. "We don't know," she said. "Only when we were bitten, it was for other reasons."