Chapter 43

EMMETT

TWO MONTHS LATER

My eyes darted to the beauty in the silver dress, tempting me again.

"Get your head out of the gutter," Sasha mumbled next to me, making me look at her and grin. "I can't help it."

Sasha laughed. "Well, she is still my best friend," she said. "She is happy."

I grin wider.

Sasha smiles but moves away from me. My eyes darted to Lena again, who was talking to someone about the painting arrangements for the display.

Lena and I have been in a good place for the last two months. We have been talking more, especially when she remembers memories I took away. I told her everything and why I did it, but most of it was her being too young for me, which she now realizes was right.

During the talks, I have shown her my ways of being a vampire. She still paints, helping her get her emotions in check. If she is having a tough time, she sets up her canvas and starts painting. She has been working on something over the last few days but wouldn't show me. It was a surprise for all of us who lived in the house.

While dealing with her emotions and painting, she did over twenty-nine paintings. They are all perfect, and I wanted people to see them. Gage and I came up with holding her art in a section of the house and letting people come in to see it. We organized it all before we told her what we were planning. The girls were excited, but Lena was hesitant about it because she didn't believe she was that good due to what her old boss did to her.

My mind returned to the night I brought her back and the conversation outside the house where we had the party. She mentioned her old boss firing her and stealing her work, even turning the tables on her and making her out to be an amateur artist.

I told the others about him and wanted to make him pay for what he did. So, the only thing we could do was invite the artist himself to see her work. I looked further into him and discovered that he hadn't sold any more paintings or made a new collection since stealing Lena's work. I had a plan for that man, and it involved me draining his blood or even humiliating him in front of everyone, but I couldn't decide what he deserved more.

Shaking my thoughts away, I looked toward Gage, who was with his mate, Melody. They were setting up another table. Melody has taken to everything well and even has become good friends with Lena. They share the same love of art. I looked around the room and smiled.

Everyone was helping and making this an outstanding event. All humans and vampires are coming to the house, which would be the first in fifty years. Everyone is on their best behavior. We held a meeting, and they all understood the purpose of this.

I heard heels against the floor and saw Lena walking over to me with a smile. I moved toward her, wrapping her in my arms. I kiss her lips and pull back with a grin. "You okay, beautiful?" I asked.

Lena was nervous about showcasing her work to everyone. I could sense it. After a few days of talking, she let me mark her. A night full of wild sex and even paint, we did a body art piece which is hanging up in her room. We both now know how the other feels, which can be weird but also helpful when she is pissed.

I kiss her again but lean into her neck. "You'll be fine, darling," I mumbled, looking over her shoulder to see the first person entering the house. "The first person is here. It is time."

Lena pulled back and smiled.

"Stay with me," she said, looking to the door and spotting more people coming in. "I think I'm going to throw up."