Chapter 30

EMMETT

The party is in full swing and is slowly dying down.

Lena only had the three girls and Gage, but he dragged a few people who did the work on the room. They introduced themselves and even brought some things for her, which were very sweet.

Gage brought loads of beers. He was perched on the bed with Claudia and Whitney, talking about something. I wasn't eavesdropping. My mind was focused on someone else. My eyes scanned around and spotted Lena. I watched her every move. She was currently talking to one of the other vampires that came up and was saying her goodbyes.

Lena changed her clothes from earlier, and I can't seem to keep my eyes in my head. Her blue dress raised when she sat down and exposed more of her thigh. I had to look away a few times, or I would be supporting a hard-on.

Hearing movement, I shook my head to get rid of the raging naughty thoughts about my mate. I didn't have to look to see who it was, but I had an idea. "Stop looking at her," Sasha murmured, standing beside me.

I chuckled and looked at her. "I can look," I said. "And when you all leave, I can touch."

Sasha groaned, which only made me chuckle again.

"Do you have to say stuff like that?" she grumbled. "Especially to me."

I said nothing but couldn't help but feel amused by it. Sasha was never shy about her intentions when it came to men.

"We will be leaving," Sasha blurted out, making me arch an eyebrow at her. Sasha let out a laugh. "You're not the only one who's been staring," she murmured, glancing over to where Lena was, and she was right. Right on cue, Lena turned away and started talking to Claudia. Her cheeks blush slightly.

I said nothing. I would never throw anyone out.

Sasha handed me a glass full of blood for me. I took a sip, keeping my eyes on Lena. Every so often, I would catch her looking.

After another hour, everyone was left. I moved toward the door but stayed behind, watching Lena hug Claudia. When Claudia pulled back, her eyes met mine. The corners of her lips curled up into a smirk.

"See you soon," Lena called out before closing the door. I watched her. Her head was focused on the door for a moment before she turned around slowly until her eyes met mine.

"Emmett," she whispered, and I moved fast without even a second chance to think. Pinning her to the door with my hands on her waist, I keep her in place, and my head goes to hers. Her breath labored, but her eyes were firmly on me. "Emmett," she whispered, her tongue darting out.

I groan, moving my head from hers and placing it in the crook of her neck. "Do you know what you do to me, darling?" I murmured, placing a tender kiss on her neck.

A shiver rippled through her, making goosebumps appear.

Moving back slightly, Lena's hand goes to my chest. Her head moves to the side, staring at me momentarily. "I—" she said, her eyes scanning until they returned to me. "I have to clean up."

I move while Lena sidesteps me and walks around. My eyes follow her. She picks up some bottles and places them on the breakfast counter. There wasn't much to do. Whoever brought drinks all placed them in the bin. I knew she was trying to distract herself, but I couldn't figure out why.

Lena grabbed more things, but I walked over to her and took them off her. I placed them down on the counter and looked at her. "What's going on?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "You seem—"