Chapter 10: A Reunion (1)

---

"The hole in one's heart gets filled by others around you."

– Kakashi Hatake, (Naruto)

---

<(Katherine Pryde POV)>

"Hey, that was cheating Kurt. You can't just teleport to the basket like that. If you use your teleportation ability, then there is no way we can win against you in a game like basketball." I yelled annoyed at him.

"Not my fault Kitty. It was you who suggested playing basketball with our powers anyway. Also, you never seemed to mind it when you were the one phasing through people while playing the game." Kurt seemed annoyed at Kitty's accusation.

"My phasing doesn't count, it's your teleportation that's the biggest cheat" Kitty argued with a huff.

"Whatever you say... cheater," Kurt muttered.

"What did you say you little blue ball..."

"Watch your mouth kitty, this is still a school even though you are now a junior member of the X-force." Jean interrupted me as she slowly walked towards us.

"S-sorry Jean, I guess I was too excited... However, I still don't understand how you got a teacher's position despite being only a few years older than us." I muttered, trying my best not to let Jean hear it.

"Talent Kitty, pure talent." Jean grinned as she still undoubtedly heard my mutterings.

"I am sure that having a romantic relationship with the new owner and the biggest sponsor of the school also helped," Pyro whispered to Bobby beside him.

"Shut up idiot. She will tear us a new one if she hears your words." Bobby, aka, Iceman whispered back at his new 'hot' boyfriend with a snap.

"Huh, did you guys say something?" Jean asked looking at them with an innocent smile.

"Of course not. We were just discussing how amazing you were and how compatible you are with Atem." Bobby quickly tried to get on her good side.

"I see. Thanks for that. Just make sure that you don't say or do stuff that can potentially ruin the reputation of the school or the X-Force." Jean warned.

"Of course Jean. What do you think of us? Savage ruffians? We will definitely maintain the reputation of the school and the team." Pyro confidently stated.

"By the way, why do you look to be in such a hurry?" I wondered aloud, already guessing the most probable answer.

"Atem is coming back today. I can sense his intentions with the bond we share due to our common heritage, him being the son of the Phoenix Force and me having already perfectly merged with its dark counterpart." She answered with a satisfied expression on her face.

How interesting. It seems that the rumors were right. She really is madly in love with Atem. Even Ororo's relationship with our resident New god doesn't seem to phase her the tiniest bit. I wonder just how the hell was he able to impress almost every female in the school without even trying.

Atem, the New God of metahumans, a being that the majority of the current metahuman population including me anonymously regarded as their god had changed all of our lives for the better after he appeared. From eliminating our enemies to doing some really good rep work for us metahumans including choosing that particular name for our race, he had done a lot, more than we expected or hoped for. He even sponsored the entire school on his own and made sure that each of us received the best training as superpowered beings as possible. Then, he went on to make his own island country with the Genosha after beating Magneto to establish it as an exclusive home to metahumans, a haven for them in a way.