Chapter 51: End of the Grand Galactic Race

---

"Do, or do not. There is no "try".

– Yoda, (Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"Go, my babies, help me win." The Grandmaster's voice rang in my ears as he activated his bracelet with a fervent push, a sense of excitement and anticipation present in his voice, as well as something else - a hint of desperation perhaps.

I was puzzled by the Grandmaster's sudden reference to babies. Did he have offspring of his own that I was unaware of? Was I in danger of being ambushed by a horde of baby gaming fanatics?

*Crack* *Crack* *Crack* *Boom* The air was filled with a deafening noise as chunks of the wall near the tunnel collapsed like a bunch of Lego bricks, sending dirt and debris flying in all directions. But the sudden collapse of the wall was not what startled me. What truly left me speechless was the sight of three of the Grandmaster's 'babies' emerging from the smoke.

"Of course, his 'babies' are nothing but savage beasts... I should have seen that coming." I sighed to myself as I faced the three enormous green boar-like creatures that snarled at me with rabid mouths. They had a giant metal collar on each of their necks which were probably the devices responsible for keeping them under the Grandmaster's control.

"Snuffy!" Korg suddenly exclaimed with joy, for reasons unknown to me, reasons that I didn't even want to know.

"*ROAAAAAAAAAAAR*" The beasts all roared together and charged at me; their teeth bared at me like a bunch of hungry beasts which they most probably were.

The creatures looked strong like Hulk-strong, but they severely lacked in the intelligence sector. There were a variety of ways I could use to get rid of them but of course, I chose the most effective way of all to control oversized beasts.

"Rinnegan" I muttered, changing my eyes into the mythical eyes of the sage of the six paths and using them to instantly take control of the beasts' minds.

My telepathic powers combined with the illusion powers of the Rinnegan were more than powerful enough for me to directly dominate the minds of the mindless feral beasts without any significant effort. Under my control, the eyes of all three beasts too changed into replicas of the Rinnegan as they immediately stopped their rampage and focused their attention solely on me.

'Take care of your dear father and the two racers behind him.' I mentally commanded them.

With a small vertical shake of their heads that looked a lot like a nod, they sprinted forward, determined to crush the other competitors with their speed and tremendous size. I, however, remained unruffled, gliding past them in my racing pod without even bothering to give anyone else a second look.

"Huh? Topaz, you made sure that they know who I am, right? I am supposed to be their daddy, so why are they charging at me?" The grandmaster asked with a small gulp as he saw one of the monsters running straight towards him.

"They look like they are in some sort of mental control, my liege... I don't think they even recognize you. We will have to kill them to get them out of our way." What? NO." The Grandmaster begged. But it was too late. Both the Red King and Topaz had already activated all the missiles in their carts with their targets locked onto the three monsters.

"No, wait. They haven't even killed anyone. This was supposed to be their first match, they were supposed to be my ultimate champions." The Grandmaster tried to reason but the other two didn't listen to him and fired all their missiles. For them, saving the Grandmaster and their own lives was their topmost priority right now.