Chapter 49: A Grand Game (6)

A special Thanks to my Divine Eminence tier patrons Daniel O'Brien & Sebastian for supporting me on Patreon ~~~///(^v^)\\\~~~ Thanks for the immense support.

A special Thanks to my Celestial Emperor tier patrons Dwhateverprof, MacZeuss, Commander Jimmy & Zedd780 for supporting me on Patreon ~~~///(^v^)\\\~~~ Thanks for the immense support.

---

"If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win."

- Eren Yeager, (Attack On Titan)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Sakaarian Grand Death Battle will start in a few more minutes. I request all of you to kindly take your seats as the participants complete their final preparations. Remember, bets are open without any cap limit today, so bet away as much as you want." A cheery female voice announced throughout the stadium.

"Do you think we should bet as well? Brunhilde asked with a hesitant expression on her face while going through a small device in her hands to check how many credits she had to her name and by the slightly disappointed look on her face, it didn't seem many.

"Hmm? No, it's alright. We would be getting the entire planet soon anyway. We do not need to try winning credits through petty gambling." I casually answered as I continued using my magic and cosmic awareness to try to sense if Karnilla had reached anywhere near our spatial location. I wanted to empty the entire planet of its resources and citizens before I left.

The fact that I had complete authority over the city of Zenith didn't mean that I could precisely trace its location at all times. I could feel its general direction but that was all I could do. I could have found it its exact and accurate location with the help of Zoya but sadly, my trusty mother box was still evolving.

"Hey, I am back, and I have some good news as well. Guess what? I bet every single credit I had to my name on Atem. We are going to make it big once we win. I even emptied my mother's savings account and sold all of my grandmother's antique jewelry as well. The bet ratio is 1:9 if Atem wins. So, I will be able be able to make 9 times my money once the race is over. They are so nice, they are almost giving away money" Korg suddenly came over and proudly proclaimed, as he showed us a small metal bar which was the proof of his bet. "And the funniest thing was that I think I am the only one who bet on you in the entire stadium today despite everyone not liking the Grandmaster very much."

"..."

"..." Brunhilde.

While we were staring at Korg, wondering to ourselves if he was really that naive, secretly clever, or just simply greedy, our gazes were soon drawn by the roar of four racing pods that zoomed toward us.

"Oh look, those three are back, and they even brought a... very good-looking guy with them. Look at those hard solid rocks on his body. It almost looks like a piece of art... I think I am in love." Korg muttered in a daze as his gaze got stuck on the bulky stony figure driving a race car behind the other three of the Fantastic Four members.

"You didn't tell me that you knew another Kronan? I am barely tolerating one. I don't think I can handle another." Brunhilde brashly complained, not even caring that Korg might be able to hear her.

"He isn't a Kronan but a mutated human. But now that you mention it, you are right, his mutation does make him look very much like a Kronan." I agreed with Brunhilde's assessment.