Chapter 48: A Grand Game (5)

---

"Racing isn't just about winning; it's about pushing your limits, conquering your fears, and finding out what you're truly made of."

- Jake Nitro, (Speed Symphony)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Greetings, my dear Sakaarians! This is your beloved and handsome Grandmaster, the overlord of Sakaar, and creator of the Contests of Champions of Sakaar. I have some exciting news for you all. As you all might know, I have been feeling quite generous and bored for some time lately, so I have decided to host a special cart race across the planet today, where the winner will get the ultimate prize: SAKAAR! Yes, you heard me right. Whoever crosses the finish line first will become the new ruler of this trash... wonderful planet, while I myself will retire from the stressful position. Sounds fun, right?

But of course, there is a catch. The race will not be easy. It will be filled with treacherous dangers and obstacles along the way, like the ride by the Devil's Anus, facing my champion head-on, and many many other surprises. The cart drivers will not only have to compete with others, some of whom may not play fair but also will have to use whatever carts they can find on Sakaar or build from the scraps that the Great Portal has brought us. No flying, no teleporting, no cheating. Just pure SKILL AND LUCK.

The race will start in just a few moments, so hurry up and buy your ticket now. Remember, one lucky viewer among you will even have the chance to get my autograph. The race will begin at the Grand Arena and end at the Palace of the Grandmaster. Holographic signs and checkpoints will mark the perilous course. You will have to pass through all the checkpoints to qualify. The first racer to reach the Palace and touch my statue will be declared the winner and the new owner of Sakaar. The rest will get nothing but glory and bruises and might even end up as nasty bloodstains on the road.

So, what are you waiting for? This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the most entertaining and adrenaline-fueling race in the galaxy. Get your tickets now... Or you can watch the race on the big screen nearest you and cheer for your favorite racer. You can also download the Grandmaster Rocks app and get a premium subscription to view the entire race from the comfort of your home as well. Either way, it will be a grand spectacle like no other, the race of the century. The race for SAAAAKAAAAAAAAR. Don't miss it!"

***

<(Atem POV)>

"He is a fucking lunatic." I could not help but comment as the giant hologram of the Grandmaster disappeared from the sky above the city after finishing advertising the race.

"You think? There is a reason why everybody in Sakaar hates him. People are starving here every day, and all the great lord of the Games could think about is the next big spectacle. Also, who would be idiot enough to get a subscription to that app of his? It has nothing except death games filled with blood and shit." Brunhilde responded in an angry tone as she made a few last-minute changes to the vehicle in front of her.

"Hey guys, guess what? I paid for a premium-plus subscription to the Grandmaster Rocks app. I even got a 10% discount as well. We will be able to watch the race highlights and best moments of the contest here. The experts are even predicting that the Grandmaster would be the one to win this race..." Korg at that very moment came running inside the room with a big and happy smile on his face, looking like he was immensely proud of himself. "What happened? Why are you guys looking at me like that?" Korg asked with some confusion as he looked at the both of us staring at him with sympathetic faces.

"No reason Korg. No reason at all... By the way, are those three gone?" I asked after releasing a small chuckle.

"Yeah, they went to fetch the other guy that you mentioned, the grimful Ben. They said that they would meet up with us at the racing arena. The four even drove their respective carts there." Korg answered us while sitting beside the pod that Brunhilde was working on. "Wow, this is the coolest cart I have ever seen on Sakaar. I think I will like one after we free the planet. Miss Scary Warrior Lady, can you make one for me as well after Atem wins?"