Chapter 86: The 1st Challenge

A special Thanks to my Divine Eminence tier patron Daniel O'Brien & Pure for supporting me on Patreon ~~~///(^v^)\\\~~~ Thanks for the immense support.

A special Thanks to my Celestial Emperor tier patrons Nathaniel Burdett, Commander Jimmy & Zedd 780 for supporting me on Patreon ~~~///(^v^)\\\~~~ Thanks for the immense support.

---

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

- Lelouch vi Britannia, (Code Geass)

---

<Atem POV>

"So, I would get everything he has, huh? By the way, does he even own anything? He was a warlord before but currently, isn't he just a criminal?" I asked Zoya with a slightly displeased look on my face. I would have gladly fought if he owned the Chitauri army since that meant I would become the new master of the Chitauri after defeating him. But the reality was that the Chitauri army, Ronan was presently commanding, belonged to Thanos. I was pretty sure they wouldn't accept me as their king even if I were to crush Ronan in some honor duel.

"You are right, master. Ronan is indeed a Kree criminal who is wanted in more than 27 star systems and 2 galaxies. And this army isn't even his. But he was still the Supreme Accuser of the Krees once upon a time, meaning he should at least have some hefty credits to his name if nothing else. Also, even though he has defected from the Krees due to his lack of respect for the Supreme Intelligence or the peace agreement between the Krees and the Xandarians, he still belongs to a wealthy noble Kree household. So, you might be able to claim some of the land and wealth his family possessed back in Kree." Zoya dutifully answered my inquiries.

"So, if he wins the duel, he gets my entire army and all the wealth I have accumulated including my planet. But if I win, I only get some measly credits. Doesn't sound that fair, does it?" I snorted, deciding just to let the para-demons slaughter Ronan and his army for me.

However, before I could give the order, a familiar sound surprised me, it was the notification chime of the system.

[Ding! New Mission Obtained]

[Mission Title: A Duel of Honor and Dominion]

[Mission Description: Accept the challenge issued by the warlord, Ronan the Accuser, and partake in the dominion honor duel according to its conditions. Win the honor duel proving yourself as the honorable god everyone thinks you are, thereby spreading your tale as a true divine hero]

[Mission Rewards: The blueprint for a Kree cosmic rod/universal weapon, an intergalactic map, and 3x increase in fame among four nearby galaxies as a fledgling emperor]

[Mission Penalty: You will be known by the Kree and Nova empires as a not-so-honorable god and emperor]

[Accept / Reject]

'... A mission? It isn't offering any OP rewards, but I guess I could use some fame since I have decided to stop hiding after all. Also, I am quite curious about the universal weapon blueprint... However, it almost seems to me like this system just issued this mission because it doesn't want me to take the easy way out.' I pondered with an annoyed click of my tongue.

"Accept the mission," I muttered with a grumble before using my telekinesis to stop Gamora from advancing toward Brunhilde again. I could sense that the Valkyrie was quite annoyed at being interrupted and thus sported a serious look on her face. She wanted to end the battle fast and wasn't going to hold back against Gamora. Now, the green-skinned female warrior might be an amazing fighter in her own right but in front of someone like Brunhilde who was used to battling gods and fighting wars against divine creatures, she wouldn't last long. The Asgardian warrior was powerful enough to end the daughter of Thanos with just a single punch.