Chapter 11: A Reunion (2)

---

"Time moves slowly, but passes quickly."

- Author. Alice Walker, (The Color Purple)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"Jeff, is that you?" I asked doubtfully, my voice filled with disbelief as the Hulk-sized shark hugged me with a happy expression on its face like a dog meeting its owner after a long time.

*Shhhhhark* The shark made a deep sound that came from its mouth and stomach that seemed too much like a Pokemon saying its own name in order to communicate with other people.

"I'll take that as a yes then." I chuckled seeing the huge shark sport a huge smile on its face that showed all of its teeth.

"Hey, are you guys ignoring me? Also, why the hell are you hugging him, Jeff? He is my future husbando and you are my pet. I should be the one hugging both of you. Furthermore, he was only gone for barely a month anyway, so stop the drama." The earlier shrill voice complained from behind the huge shark.

"Gwen, how is my favorite Elasticgirl doing?" I asked with a grin as Gwenpool, the official canon otherworldly reincarnate of Marvel jumped on me to give me a bear hug.

In the comics, she was supposed to be a reincarnate from an ordinary world into the world of Marvel supers. Her character was designed to be something like that of the female counterpart of Deadpool with OP reality-bending powers but unfortunately for her in this world, she doesn't have those same powers and instead possesses more or less the same abilities of Gomu Gomu no mi's rubber powers with the addition of having the unique ability to generate clones and heal herself immeasurably along with owning a type of biological immortality.

But she was still attractive and fun nevertheless, especially after she recognized me as a fellow reincarnation and decided to stick with me in a bid to get her own hot romantic adult comedy arc with me as her 'lead'.

"I missed you my otherworldly honey bunny. Next time you leave, take me with you. Us otherworlders should stick together you know." She whispered cutely in my ears.

"I'll try to but as I have said multiple times before, stop spewing the secrets about our origin out loud," I replied as I almost felt a tick mark on my head due to the immense amount of annoyance I felt at her due to her divulging what was supposed to be the ultimate secret among reincarnations, like some kind of useless small talk.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about it. Sorry." She said sticking her tongue out to show a sorry expression.

"Anyway, what happened to Jeff? The last time I saw him, he was just a kid. How did he grow up to... this in just a single month when he never had a growth spurt in the last ten years?" I asked looking at the brute happily watching us.

"Well, we actually snuck in Miss. Sinister's lab last week and he got tempted by a shiny pink liquid kept in one of her test tubes and drank it, turning him into such a huge shark from a baby one" She revealed.

"... Why would you even do that? Why drink the first toxic-looking weird thing you come across? I mean it makes perfect sense since we are talking about you here but still why?" I asked the overgrown shark with a sigh.

"Because it's fun stupid." She answered on behalf of Jeff while giggling like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You know what, let's go inside. The others would want to meet you too. Having a decent conversation with her isn't really healthy for our remaining brain cells." Jean interrupted their talks.

"Hey, that's rude. I can have a healthy conversation. I have entertaining conversations with myself every day." Gwenpool whined while pointing her index finger at Jean accusingly.