Chapter 23: Unwanted Doom

---

"The more you want something, the harder it is to wait for it."

— Kabuto, (Naruto)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"Well well well, what do we have here? It seems that you guys have done quite well for yourselves. I guess you all were speaking the truth when you said that you could make a space shuttle much better than even SpaceX, the current largest private space company. Hell, this can probably even compete with the ones designed by NASA." I whistled trying to show my amazement at the huge almost fully completed spacecraft.

Of course, I had seen stuff on a much grander scale than this with my space city, my pyramid-shaped spaceship and even Zoya possessing the capability to manufacture a dozen of these spacecraft using her worker sentinels daily but if I had said any of those things here, then Reed and his team would feel quite insulted, so I just took the easy way out and acted like I was hella impressed with their work.
Being a boss is really tough, you know.

"Thank you, Mr. Giotem. I worked really hard on this, so I am glad that you appreciate the time and effort me and my team placed in this project. It's my masterpiece and the tests that I will do in space with this space vehicle will be one of my most important researches ever." Reed said with a happy yet humble tone in his voice, something that had become a norm in our conversations after the last time Emma 'face slapped' him.

"And I am happy that I was able to become a part of this huge success of Baxter Foundation. But I have to say, the person I am most impressed with among you all is actually our amazing and beautiful CEO, Miss. Susan Storm. You despite all the hurdles were able to do the impossible in just three months. You were able to start earning a substantial amount of revenue and drive the company to profitability. That is something not a lot of CEOs can manage." I said with a small smile as I looked at the flustered Susan who was standing awfully close to me with our bodies almost touching.

"Thank you, Atem. I am happy that I was able to stand up to your expectations. But truthfully, making profits is really easy when you have access to the most cutting-edge technology available to mankind. All the profits till now were earned solely from contracts with hospitals and medical institutions by supplying them with medical apparatus and equipment with much higher precision and more advanced features than anything else available in the market.

According to my estimates, we can continue earning huge amounts of profits that can dwarf most big companies even if we only continue concentrating in the pharmaceutical and medical technology sector alone." Susan somehow spoke up as she stuttered multiple times while avoiding eye contact with me.

She was wearing a business suit that was quite tight around her body and showed all of her curves. She even had some light makeup on with her straightened long hair tied in a middle-parted ponytail, something that I had previously told would look quite hot on her.

"Sis, are you alright? Are you not feeling well or something?" Johnny asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at his sister's weird behavior, not understanding why his sister was suddenly acting so submissive instead of displaying her usual authoritative personality.

"Yeah, I am alright. Just a little under the weather. Anyway, we should start with the live demonstration. The representatives from Nasa should be here at any moment as well." She said as she steadied herself to appear more relaxed and normal, trying to hide and yet not complaining about the hold I had around her waist, my hands touching and lightly massaging the upper portion of her butt.

It seems that the last few weeks of constantly taking her out on dates have made her quite easy and relaxed with me, so much so that she now didn't even have any qualms about me touching her in her more intimate places. She in her mind had already begun considering me as one of her best friends whom she trusted and even a prospective boyfriend, a position that was perfect for me to 'exploit' when the time came.