Chapter 62: The Stark Expo Incident (2)

---

"What? Blow something up? I already did that."

- Tony Stark, (Iron Man 3)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

"I think we should run now." Natalie Rushman muttered to Vanessa as her eyes searched for the billionaire idiot responsible for this and her well-mannered boss who was supposed to stop a situation like this.

"Yeah, I think that would be for the best. After all, my powers are better suited for close-range combat and fighting organic beings made of flesh, not sentient armors with advanced weaponry. Plus, I still have PTSD from the last time I had to fight robots." Vanessa nervously responded with a bitter smile as she gestured for Kurt and Kitty to follow quickly. "Ironman can take care of the mess he has himself created by letting his designs leak. We shouldn't do anything too big to warrant any attention before Atem returns... Wait, aren't you going to escape with us, Natalie?" Vanessa inquired as she looked at the redheaded 'secretary' who looked like she had no intention of escaping with them.

"I think I saw a couple of people trapped there, might be a trick of my mind but I should go and have a look, just to be sure. I know my way around computers a bit as well, so maybe I could help them shut this down too." Natasha answered as she tore the bottom of her long and tight one-piece dress and began to quickly run in a certain direction.

"Wait, I know a lot about computers as well, so maybe I could..." Kitty tried to offer her help along with Kurt who looked somewhat excited to finally have a chance to prove himself as a hero who could fight and save the day even without a team or backup.

Unfortunately for him, however, it simply wasn't his lucky day as Vanessa directing a hard glare at the two, made it pretty clear that immediate escape for them was the number one priority as well as an order for them. Any attempt to defy the order or any further argument would not be entertained at the least and would only be met by harsh punishments.

Truthfully, Vanessa knew that they with the help of their powers could help salvage this situation and minimize damage but that could result in some evil politicians or certain idiots in online communities and social media somehow pinning the blame on them as well. So, she wisely decided to keep their presence there a secret since Ironman was already here to handle it. They would probably save one or two in their passing, but they wouldn't go out of their way to help everyone.

And as for Natalia, Vanessa already had an idea about her true identity. Although not completely aware of Natalia's past as a Black Widow, Vanessa was still able to guess that the red-headed secretary was actually a spy from Shield since not only had Zoya hacked Shield's servers countless number times to 'borrow' their data but also, she herself had infiltrated their base a couple of times to get different types of info and intel with no one there being the wiser. So she had heard of Natalia, aka, Natasha who was one of their best agents in the last few years.

That was why Vanessa wasn't at all worried about Natalia putting herself in danger by going close to the drones because she knew that if the red-headed spy was really as good as advertised, then just this much danger wouldn't be enough to kill her. Hence, she let her go to try doing whatever she wanted.

Leaving behind the group of metahumans, Natasha directly headed to the control center where the armors or drones the Hammer tech team were apparently controlling them from. She was extremely stealthy in her steps and made sure to avoid all the drones in her route. She knew that with her current 'load out' and attire, she could barely survive a one-on-one confrontation with a single-armed drone, much less win against a horde of them. So, even though she picked up a small handgun from one of the guards' dead bodies who died in the stampede, she was determined to not have to use it... at least not on a non-human target.