Chapter 1

Let's do this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

An adorable blue eyed girl is sneaking out of the orphanage she lived in. The matron had not allowed her to eat dinner because she hadn't completed her chores in the given time. So she sneaked into the kitchen and grabbed a loaf of leftover bread and sneaked out of the scary building. 

She walks around the dark ally taking small bites from the loaf of bread when she heard a deep voice laughing. She slowly went towards the voice and hides behind a dumpster. She peeked from the side and saw a man laughing with a gun in his hand while another man was tied to a chair. Two other buff men were standing around them with blank expressions. The man in the chair had a lot of bruises at which the girl's heart clenched. She knew how much those bruises hurt. She had gone through it. She took a deep breath to calm her racing heart and tried to hear their conversation.

"I have waited a long time for this Anderson!" the man who is standing said gleefully "now you will die at my hands and I will be the king!"

"Never," Ethan Anderson said.

"I am not asking you!" the man shouted angrily "You don't have a choice Anderson! You give the position to on me your own or your family will be in my basement! You know I always wanted to fuck Lily! Seems like now is my chance!"

"Don't you dare touch my Lily!" Ethan said through greeted teeth "I will skin you alive if you even think of touching her you fucking bastard!"

"You are in no position to issue threats Anderson!" the man said pointing his gun towards Ethan "Your time is over Ethan Anderson!"

The little girl's eyes widened at the gun. She knew what was going to happen and she knew she couldn't just ignore it. She looked at the three men standing and sighed she could beat them with ease. But at what cost? She knew that after their skin came in contact with hers she would have a panic attack. She looked at Ethan and her heart warmed up. 

"He has a family," she thought with a sad smile "and he loves them."

 She took a deep breath and walked out of her hiding place.

"Stop," the little girl said in a calm and dangerous voice "Let him go."

All the men turned in her direction with surprised faces. The man with the gun looked at her and said in a low tone.

"Who are you kid?" he asked in deep tone which would send shivers down anyone's spine but this little girl isn't anyone.

"Zoya," the little girl said in the same dangerous voice.

"Whatever your name is just leave!" he said while Ethan looked at Zoya with big eyes.

"I said let him go," Zoya repeated raising her voice a little.

"Listen little girl," the man said in frustration "I am telling you one last time leave or my men here will deal with you in their way. Let me warn you my men love to beat small children."

"I telling you one last time," Zoya said slowly "LET HIM GO."

The man was surprised at first but recovered and said "Get her."

One of the men came towards her and tried to pick her up but she dodged and punched him in the groin. The man dropped there whimpering. The second one tried sneak from behind but Zoya grabbed his hand and pulled him hard throwing him on top of the first one. She was happy because till now she hadn't touched their skin. The man with the gun was shocked but then he smirked and pointed the gun towards her.

"Nice one Zoya," he said smirking "but what now?"

"Listen Alexander," Ethan said trying to distract him from Zoya "You have a problem with me right? Then let her go. Don't involve her in this."

"Oh Ethan," Alexander said mockingly "Do you think everyone is like you? And shame I thought Mafia king was ruthless but turns out he is a softy when it comes to children."

Zoya silently walked towards Alexander, grabbed his gun hand and twisted it making him scream in pain. She kicked him in the groin without letting go of his hand making him drop, cursing. She left his hand and punched his face and blood started oozing from his nose. 

"Oh god!" Zoya said looking at her hand. She had touched him. Her hands started shaking and fear was taking over her body. She knew she didn't have much time before the panic took over her. She walked towards Ethan as fast as she could with her shaking legs. She untied Ethan's hands with shaky fingers. She was about to untie his feet when Ethan stopped her grabbing her arms.

"Don't kneel in front of anyone," he said looking at her. But she was too occupied her eyes fixed  Ethan's hands which were on her bare arms.

"Oh sorry," Ethan said pulling his hands away from her.

"Take this," she whispered taking out a tube of ointment from her pockets "It will help with the bruises."

Ethan's heart warmed at her act he was about to say something when he noticed she was having trouble breathing. He quickly untied his legs and rushed towards her but she held her hands stopping him.

"I...am...fine," she said trying to breathe "go...quickly...Your...family...must...be....waiting. Bad...men...will...wake...up...soon."

Ethan's heart clenched at her words. He pulled her towards him and hugged her rubbing circles on her back. He tried to calm her down but he worsened her panic attack and she went limp in his arms.

"Zoya!" he said in a panicked voice "wake up darling. Zoya wake up."

He was patting her cheeks lightly when Alexander stirred. He picked up the fallen gun and was about to pull the trigger when there were gunshots. Ethan quickly shielded Zoya's body with his. After a couple of minutes a man came running towards him.

"Dad!" he said looking around for Ethan.

"Lucas," Ethan said in relief and picked Zoya's little body in his arms. His body was aching but he didn't drop her.

"Who is this?" Lucas asked looking at Zoya's small body in Ethan's arms.

"First get her to the hospital," Ethan said walking out of the valley.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was the first chapter?

Did you like it?

What do you think of Zoya's character?

Do drop a comment and vote.

TARGET FOR NEXT CHAPTER: 2 COMMENTS

This time I won't be generous 😒😪

Love
Laxmi