Chapter 6

Happy Reading!

Thank you @Nauleo for the comment! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                MAGNUS BLAKE

Magnus Blake is known as the Death itself. He adores Zoya. Read to find more about him! 

Author's POV:

Magnus's stern gaze bore into Zoya as he repeated her full name, making her flinch involuntarily. Ethan, still bewildered by the unfolding events, stood by his angel, determined not to let her take the blame.

"Zoya Blake Romano King," he repeated, making her flinch.

"Yes, she did," Ethan said, looking at his angel. He was still confused about what was happening, but there was no way he'd let his Angel get scolded because of him.

"Magi, actually I—" Zoya tried to speak, but Magnus didn't let her.

"Zoya, how many times have I told you not to go around saving people?" Magnus asked, pulling her away and making her stand in front of him. Ethan and Lucas clenched their jaws, but they held their silence.

"Sorry, Magi," she whispered, lowering her eyes.

"And tell me why you saved him?" Magnus asked sternly.

"He has a family," she mumbled, tears spilling down her face. "And he loves them."

"And where did you end up after that?" Magnus pressed, his heart breaking.

"Hospital," she whispered.

"And what did I tell you about risking your life?" Magnus questioned.

"Don't risk your life for those who don't value it," she mumbled.

"And did he value your life?" Magnus demanded, his anger intensifying.

Silence hung in the air, fuelling Magnus's anger.

"I AM ASKING YOU, DID HE VALUE YOUR LIFE?" he shouted, punching the table. Lily and Zoya flinched.

"He did, Magi," Zoya said, looking at him with a sad smile. "I had a papa for 45 minutes, Magi. I saw what a family looks like."

Everyone fell silent. Ethan felt his heart break at the realization that Zoya genuinely believed she had lost her papa.

Lily felt guilty, thinking she could have stopped her son earlier so Ethan could explain things. Looking at Zoya's tear-stained face, Lily's heart broke. She could've had the daughter she always wished for. Still confused about what happened, she decided now wasn't the time for explanations.

Lucas was angry. Not having been there the whole time, he didn't know what happened before the attack. He was mad at Magnus for shouting at his darling, but he kept his thoughts to himself.