Chapter 7

Thank you so much for the comments my dears!

And a special thanks to: izzah4972613
                                                     @shylpeter8 

@Nauleo
                                                      @SkyeMcDonnell6
Happy Reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

"Please don't do this," she said, her chin wobbling.

"What do you mean, darling?" Lucas asked, fear gripping his heart. "Don't you want to stay with us?"

"I do," she said as tears ran down her face. "But you won't want me here after knowing the people who like me."

"What do you mean, angel?" Ethan asked, remembering her words from the car.

"Baby, come here," Magnus said, opening his arms for her. She ran and buried her face in his chest. "Baby, you are scared that they will abandon you after knowing the people who are wrapped around your finger, aren't you?"

She just nodded, making him sigh. He pulled her away a little and looked at her face, but her gaze was fixed on the ground.

"Baby, look at me," he said gently, and she met his soft gaze with her teary ones. "Did they abandon you after knowing that I like you and came running like a maniac at your one call?"

"You are different, Magi," she said, her voice cracking. "Dee won't think twice before shooting them. Jack will support him. Uncle Freddy will just stand there and watch them. They are too dangerous Magi."

"Sometimes you are a little too honest, baby," he said, while coughing, trying to hide his laugh.

"It's not funny, Magi," she said, sobbing harder, and he felt guilty.

"Baby, how about you tell them and let them decide?" he asked gently.

"But they don't even know them," she said, calming down a little.

"Baby, trust me, they know them," he said gently. "Or do you want me to tell them?"

"Yes, you tell them," she said, nodding her head.

"Then baby, how about you take your meds and sleep while I tell them?" he asked.

"But what if they don't want me?" she asked, tilting her head.

"Baby, I will tell you in the morning, okay?" he said gently. "You are already tired and need rest, so go freshen up. I asked someone to bring your PJs for you."

She nodded and got off the couch. She looked at everyone and fidgeted a little.

"Magi, I don't know where the washroom is," she said in a small voice.

"Darling, come, I will show you the way," Lucas said with a smile.

She nodded and was about to go with him when Magnus stopped them. He threw a pair of spare hand gloves in Lucas's direction, who caught them with ease.

"Just to be on the safe side," Magnus said with a shrug, and they left.

"So you were-" Ethan started, but Magnus raised his hand.

"It's going to be a lot, so just rest for a couple of minutes and let me as well," Magnus said, closing his eyes.

The Anderson family was confused but didn't say anything.