Chapter 20

Hi lovely ppl!

I am so sorry for the late update! The house I live in is getting renovated so it wasn't possible then. Today I am at my Nani's house and the range here is horrible! So I will try to update as soon as I can!

A special thanks to: @FatimaCredo

                                            @Aalya24                                           
                                            @bhimapujitha                                           
                                            @mahqtab6                                           
                                            @Daisypqg018                                           
                                            @_authorada                                           
                                            @SquirmySatyr23                                           
                                            @unknown_wings

Happy reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

Lucas reluctantly knocked on the door.

"Come in," Magnus said in a cold voice.

"You can do this," Lucas told himself and opened the door.

Lucas looked at Magnus's chest and for the first time in his life the blood bothered him. He had started training at a young age and been a natural at whatever he did. Since childhood, blood never bothered him. It was a mere colour to him.

But looking at Magnus's bandaged chest, with some blood seeping through it as Magnus tried to sit up, he felt a emotion he wasn't sure of.

"Stop!" Lucas said, coming out of his thoughts. He instantly walked towards him and put the tray in his hands on the nightstand.

"What are you doing here?" Magnus asked in surprise.

Lucas didn't say anything and helped him sit, putting a pillow behind his back.

"Lucas?" Magnus asked softly and Lucas froze.

Firstly cause Magnus spoke softly to him! And second for some unknown reason he felt something flutter in his stomach. He turned and looked in Magnus's eyes, which were filled with an emotion he couldn't tell. Love? Care? Hate? Fear?

"Why are you here?" Magnus asked again, interrupting Lucas's thoughts.

"Mom told me to give you food," Lucas said in a cold voice.

"You didn't have to," Magnus said as hurt flashed in his eyes.

Lucas didn't say anything and placed the food tray on his lap. Magnus took a spoon and winced. Lucas saw this and with a huff walked towards him and took the tray and spoon from him and sat on the bed. He cut a piece of pancake and held the fork in front of Magnus's mouth. Magnus just looked at him in confusion.

"Open your mouth," Lucas said coldly.

"I can eat by myself," Magnus said in a cold voice "I don't need your pity."