Chapter 18

Hi Lovely people!

Here's the update and can u guys do me a favour? You remember the book I suggested you Ace of World? Yes so I want to read its sequel and for that the chapter named Kabira needs to reach 1k views. So can you guys please go check it once? Please?

A Special Thanks to: @ZakiyyahMarcus
                                             @airen_mireilla
                                             @Izzah4972613

                                             @Nauleo
                                             @BhavyaJain777

Happy Reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

Jaxon was sitting on the chair on one side of the counter as Lily was standing on the other with her hands on her hips.

"Jaxon I am asking you for the last time," Lily said for the nth time, trying to keep her calm "What. Do. You. Like. To. Eat. For. Breakfast?"

"I eat whatever is available," Jaxon said looking at his palms which were on his lap "I never had the option to have breakfast. It's too busy at work."

"Honey I didn't mean to sound harsh," she said quickly walking to his side of the counter and cupping his cheeks in her palms. 

He was stiff at first but melted after a couple of seconds. He leaned in more, trying to get as much motherly love he could get while his conciseness warned him about getting hurt. 

This is temporary. Don't get attached. It will only hurt when this warmth gets snatched from you. 

His conciseness reminded him.  

I will snatch it back and destroy anyone who dares to do that. I am not the same weak little boy anymore.

He said in his mind as he looked at Lily's warm eyes, only filled with affection.

"But skipping breakfast is not good for your health," she said, softly caressing his cheek with her thumb "How about we play a game?"

He looked at her in confusion.

"I'll say two words and you have to pick one of them without thinking," she said with a smile.

"But how is this related to food?" he asked in confusion.

"You'll see," Lily said with a smile "Ready?"

He just nodded not knowing what to say.

"Sweet or spicy?" she asked looking in his eyes.

"Sweet," he said instantly and regretted. The Destroyer liking sweet food did not fit his character.

"Sour or sweet?" she asked with a bright smile. He was opening up to her.

"Sweet," he said again and cursed.

"Good now how do pancakes sound to you?" Lily asked moving towards the other side of the counter.

"I-fine," he said sulking in his chair knowing he couldn't win over her.

Lily smiled and started making the pancakes while humming. Ethan and Dante entered the kitchen with a small smile. They had overheard the conversation between Jaxon and Lily and were happy for Jaxon. Both of them saw the longing for affection behind Jaxon's deadly glare.

"Babe am hungry," Ethan said walking towards her and back hugging her.

"Eth I'm trying to cook," Lily said with a sigh "How about you go and sit with those two?"