Chapter 8

A special thanks to: Evening_7_love

Happy Reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

"Well if you must know she took a bullet for me," Magnus tried to say the words without his voice cracking but failed.

"WHAT?!" all of them whisper yelled.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked.

Flashback
Magnus's POV:

Last year I was out drinking because my girlfriend cheated on me. I was so carried away that I got drunk. After drinking I walked out of the bar and was about to walk back to my car but my stupid as fuck ass went in the wrong direction and I ended up in a dark alley.

When I turned to go back the way I came but three figures were already blocking my way. I wasn't fully sober nor was totally drunk so when I figured out that they are one my enemies I took out my gun and pulled the trigger and shot them. I walked away from them thinking they died or at least were unconscious but I was wrong.

One of them pulled the trigger before passing out but the bullet didn't touch me. I turned around to see what had happened and sobered up in an instant. There lay a little girl as blood flowed from her shoulder.

I was paralyzed for a second but still walked towards her. She was still awake and when she saw me she gave me a weak smile and asked only one thing.

"Are...you...ok?"

Without wasting a single moment I picked her up and ran to my car. I opened the drivers seat and sat with her in my lap. I drove at the full speed while urging her to stay awake. Once I reached everything went in a blur. After about an hour the doctor came out of the OT telling me she was stable now.

The doctor also mentioned about her past scars and I called my right hand to gather every bit of information about her.

Flashback ended.

Author's POV:

"That little girl is Zoya," Magnus said looking lovingly at Zoya's calm sleeping face "She had shown me the kindness and care I never received from my own family. She woke up the human side of me. But only for herself."

The Anderson family was now openly weeping except Lucas who was controlling his tears. Magnus saw this.

"Lucas come here," he said gently and Lucas walked to him uncertainly "I assure you I won't kill you."

"Hard to believe," Lucas mumbled under his breath but Magnus heard him.

Magnus sighed and pulled Lucas by his hand making him sit beside him. Lucas looked at Magnus with an raised eyebrow but Magnus ignored it. 

Magnus shifted Zoya from him a little and made Lucas put his head on his lap.

"What are you doing?" Lucas asked as the Ethan looked at the both of them with a small smile.

"Its ok to feel emotions," Magnus said in low voice, running a finger through Lucas's hair.

Lucas didn't say anything but hid his face in Magnus's stomach and let his tears out. After a couple of minutes he fell asleep.

The whole Anderson family except Ethan was surprised by Magnus's actions. They had thought that Magnus's soft side was for Zoya only. But it seems like they were wrong. Everyone was silent for a while.