Chapter 3

Happy Reading!

Ok guys you win. I won't pressure you. Here is the chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan's POV:

"Lucas," I said pulling myself together "Get me every bit of information about her. Her name is Zoya."

"Ok dad," Lucas said and turning to leave but stopped and said "Mom is worried about you. Here take my phone and call her."

After he left I called Lily who picked up on the first ring.

"Lucas?" she said voice cracking "Did you find your Dad? How is he? Is he injured? Lucas say something!"

"Baby its me," I said as my heart filled with warmth "I am fine. I will come home in some time. Don't worry and eat something. Did you take your meds?"

"Err yes I did," she said and I knew she was lying.

"Lily Ethan Anderson go have your meds right now!" I said in a stern voice.

"I will have them when you return," she whined stubbornly.

"Baby I am not sure how long it will take," I said gently "please take your medicine."

"What do you mean you are not sure how long it will take?" she asked worriedly "Where are you?"

"Hospital," I answered not wanting to lie.

"Hospital?" she repeated faintly "Why? You said you were alright! Wait I am coming there. You are in which hospital?"

"Baby I am perfectly fine," I said in a hurry "no need to come here. I am here for someone else."

"Really?" she asked suspiciously and internally chuckled at her question.

"Really my dear," I said and felt a light tap on my shoulder "baby I have to go. I will come back as soon as possible."

"Ok," she said with a sigh "Love you."

"Love you more," I said before hanging up.

"Dad I found some info about her," Lucas said in a low voice.

"Let's go to my office," I said and he nodded meekly that's when I knew something was wrong.

Lucas my eldest son is like me. He doesn't show his emotions so when I saw his serious expression I knew something was wrong. I walked in my office and sat on the chair behind the desk. And yes I have a office in this hospital because I own it. Perks of being rich I guess!

"Speak," I said in my usual cold tone.

"Zoya is an orphan," he started and my heart clenched "She will turn 5 years old next week. Someone left her in front of the orphanage as soon as she was born. When she was 2 years old a couple adopted her but they abused her. Their neighbour once saw this and she was sent back to the orphanage. When she was 3 years old another couple adopted her. I couldn't find more information about them but from what I can see this couple sent her back after 2 months. After that her body started resisting human touch. Which means if the doctor is telling the truth then she was...she was raped during that time."

As he completed my heart bled. My little girl had suffered so much at such a young age but she still helped me even after knowing that it would put her life in danger. A tear escaped my eye but I wiped it off quickly. Crying never solved any problems. I had cried enough today. I will take care of the things in my hand hand right now. Yes. I will protect this little girl with my life. She has suffered so much at such a young age but I will make sure she lives the best life for the rest of her life. Because from now she is My Angel.

There was a knock at the door and my chain of thoughts broke.

"Come in," I said in a cold voice.

"Sir the patient woke up," the doctor from earlier said "but she has been awfully silent."

"I am coming," I said getting up from my chair "Lucas go buy some necessities for a 5 year old. And don't forget to buy some food."

"Dad are we going to adopt her?" Lucas asked hopefully.

"Yes," I answered and he squealed in delight.

"Everyone is going to be so happy!" he said with a bright smile "Especially mom!"

I just smiled and left from there. What he said is true Lily always wanted daughter but we only had sons. Even my sons wanted a sister they could spoil. I smiled at the thought and entered her room.

Author's POV:

Zoya was staring at the ceiling when Ethan entered. She turned towards him and smiled a little.

"How are you feeling?" he asked sitting on the bed but keeping his distance not wanting to hurt her.

"Good," she said scanning him for any injuries "How are you? Did you get hurt?"

"I am perfectly fine Angel," he said as his heart melted at her concern.

"Did you put anything on those bruises?" she asked looking at his face.

"I will do it later Angel," he said with a smile "now can you answer some questions for me?"

She looked at him with wide eyes and nodded slowly not wanting to anger him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was the chapter?

Do you have any suggestions?

Do comment and vote!

TARGET FOR NEXT CHAPTER : 2 COMMENTS.

Love
Laaxmi