Chapter 14

Happy Reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

"Magi," she mumbled covering her mouth with her hands.

"Baby I am fine," Magnus croaked trying to give her a smile but failing miserably. 

"You are not," Zoya said as tears ran down her face.

Magnus had a bullet in his right arm and it looked like someone had stabbed him on his left chest. Blood was oozing from the wounds continuously. Ethan and Dante were helping him get out of the car where as Jaxon was taking Antonio and Aria's strollers out. 

Lily and the boys came out of house, fear gripping their hearts. When they saw the scene before them, their breath hitched. Lily directly went to the babies and took Aria from her car seat and started rocking her back and forth. Noah came and did the same for Antonio.

"Wait," Zoya said as she realised something "ANA!"

She screamed and went back inside and found Anna limping towards the couch as Lucas helped her.

"You are hurt!" Zoya said in horror.

"Baby cheeks its nothing serious!" Anna said with a smile but you could tell from her face was that she was struggling to stay awake.

"Where are you hurt?" Zoya asked scanning Anna for injuries.

"Baby cheeks I am fine," Anna repeated but this time her voice was faint.

Zoya ignored her, lifted her trousers and gasped. Anna had a piece of glass pierced around her ankle.    

"Ana," she whispered in horror.

"Darling why don't you go sit there?" Lucas said worriedly "I will just pull the glass out and then bandage the wound up."

"Yes sweet pie!" Ana said with a smile "go see what Ant and Ari are doing ok? They must be getting bored."

"But Ana-" Zoya tried to protest but she herself knew she couldn't watch them getting treated. 

She is strong, yes but she is very young. Being a toddler she is also scared of wounds. And with her abusive past it was even worse. 

"Darling go," Lucas said gently "I will treat the injury then you can meet her."

"Sweet cheeks go," Anna said firmly.

Zoya nodded and went silently. She saw blood drops leading upstairs and her heart clenched. She followed trail and reached the guestroom. The door of the room was closed. She was about to knock on the door when she heard a voice of a baby crying. She went towards the sound and saw Lily trying to calm a crying Aria while Jaxon was rocking Antonio to sleep. 

"Baby go to sleep," Lily said as she gently patted Aria's back.

"Mumma she is probably hungry," Zoya said as she remembered Aria's schedule. 

"Oh I completely forgot about that!" Lily exclaimed and ran out of the room with a crying Aria on her hip. 

"Finally!" Jaxon sighed in a low voice after he put Antonio to sleep on the bed. A wall of pillows around him.

He walked towards Zoya and saw her standing at the door, staring at the floor. Jaxon quickly pulled out a pair of gloves and put them on. He went to her and kneeled in front of her.

"Moon pie what happened?" he asked slowly, not wanting to wake Antonio.

"Nothing Jack," she said quickly, she didn't want to add to the chaos.

"Moon pie no lying," he said gently. He knew something had made his moon pie upset and that made him angry. Whoever made her upset wouldn't be able to see the next sunrise.

"Jack now everyone will hate me," Zoya said as her lower lip wobbled "Because of me Magi and Anna got hurt. I am such a bad girl, I didn't even check on papa, Dee and you. I am sorry Jack. I no mean to ignore any of you. I just got scared after seeing Magi's wounds. And after seeing Anna's foot, I just could not bring myself to check on all of you. What is you are more injured than them? I no mean to be a bad girl Jack. I promise."

Now she was sobbing hysterically so Jaxon pulled her in for a tight hug. He gently picked her up in his arms and walked out of the room as he didn't want to wake the baby.

"Moon pie no one will hate you," he said, rubbing circles on her back to soothe her "And I swear that you are the best girl. It's fine if you were scared after seeing Magnus's injuries. It is normal to get scared you are just a baby. And don't worry all the others are completely fine. Only Magnus and Anna were the once who are injured."

When she still didn't calm down, he started panicking. He wasn't the best consoler to be honest. After all he is the Irish Mafia King not a nanny. That was saying a lot considering that he just put a 10 month old to sleep. But that's not the point.

He quickly ran downstairs to Lily but saw that she was rocking Aria to sleep. He wanted to ask her for help but he knew hard it was to put a baby to sleep so he changed his mind. He ran back upstairs and looked around the floor. He saw the light to a room on and the door was slightly ajar as well. Without wasting any more time he ran towards it and hastily knocked before Ethan gave him the permission to enter.

"Jaxon I swear to go if you are here for any stupid reason then I will-" Dante growled in frustration. He had his head in in his palms, so he didn't see Zoya. Ethan's eyes were closed in frustration. Lucifer and Daniel's gazes were fixed on their laptop. 

"Zoya won't stop crying you moron!" Jaxon said through gritted teeth. He didn't want to worsen the situation by raising his voice. 

"What?" All of them turned their heads to him in an instant. Ethan quickly got up from his chair and in two long strides he came to them.

"Angel what happened?" Ethan asked gently "Did anyone say anything to you? Why are you crying?"

"Papa," she just sobbed harder and made grabby hands for him. He instantly took her from Jaxon and started patting her back.

"Calm down Angel," he mumbled slowly but she didn't. After some time she passed out from the exhaustion.  

"Angel?" Ethan called gently, as he didn't feel her sobbing. 

"Zoya?" he called again but there was no reply.

He quickly pulled her away and saw her body going limp. He panicked. He patted a gloved hand on her cheek, but she didn't move. 

"What happened Dad?" Lucifer asked, as he couldn't understand what happened suddenly.

"She fainted!" Ethan said in horror.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am so so so so so sorry for the late update!

But I am having some issues in my family so I do hope you will forgive me.

Did you like the chapter?

If yes then Like and comment!

Love
Laaxmi