Chapter 16

A special thanks to: @marisollopez1555
                                            @SSB_1510

                                            @SanjanaBaid

Happy Reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

"Enzo, my love, are you alright?" a man asked, and Zoya's breath hitched.

Every man in the room turned towards the new participant. Dante and Jaxon internally groaned as they recognized the voice. Ethan, Daniel, and Lucifer smiled upon seeing the man. Enzo got up with a bright smile as he saw the love of his life. Zoya tried to hide herself in Enzo's fuzzy jacket but failed miserably.

"Babe, I'm fine!" Enzo said as the man walked towards him, worry etched on his face.

"Love, you scared me!" he exclaimed, scanning Enzo for injuries.

"I am perfectly fine, look!" Enzo reassured with a soft smile.

"Good," he sighed in relief. "But why did you leave in such a hurry? You scared me for the first time in my whole damn life!"

"Babe, I am perfectly fine," Enzo said with a smile. "Magnus and Ana are injured, so Mr. Anderson called me to bandage their wounds."

"Ana Romano and Magnus Blake?" he asked in surprise. "How did they get hurt at the same time? And why are they in the Anderson house? Heck, why are these two here?"

He had finally noticed Jaxon and Dante standing in a corner trying to blend into the room.

"Brother, you ask too many questions!" Ethan said cheerfully. "Come on, have some refreshments."

"Enzo, what are you hiding in your coat?" he asked, noticing Zoya moving a little in Enzo's coat.

"Babe, it's 'who,' not 'what'!" Enzo whined in annoyance. "And it's—"

"ETHAN!" Lily shouted as she entered the room, tears pooling in her eyes. "Zoya's missing!"

"Honey, she is here," Ethan said, trying to calm her.

"Mumma?" Zoya asked in a tiny voice, sticking her head out of Enzo's jacket.

"Sweetie, you scared me!" Lily said, taking her from Enzo's arms. She cuddled instantly on her chest.

Dante and Jaxon looked at each other and sighed in defeat.

"Zoya?" the man asked. "Lily, who is this?"

"Fred, you're here!" Lily exclaimed upon noticing everyone in the room.

"Here we go," Jaxon muttered under his breath.

"Should we leave?" Dante asked under his breath.

"Probably, yes," Jaxon replied, and both of them started moving towards the door.

"Freeze," Fredrick said in a chilling tone. "Dante, Jaxon, stop where you are. And Lily, who is this young lady?"

"Fred, this is Zoya," Lily said cheerfully. "She saved Eth yesterday, so Eth and I decided to adopt her!"

"She saved him, now did she?" Fredrick said in a disturbingly cold voice. "And Miss. Zoya, will you do the courtesy to face me?"

"Fred, you are scaring her," Lily said, glaring at him, then rubbing soothing circles on Zoya's back. "Sweetie, don't be scared. He is a good man."

"I'm not scaring her," Fredrick said curtly. "Zoya Blake Romano King, if you don't want your punishment to worsen, then you better respond. Lily, keep her down."

"Fred, she is shivering in fear!" Lily tried to reason with him. "And how do you know her name? Do you know her?"

"I know a lot of things about her," he said, trying to keep his calm. "And she should be scared, so keep her down."

"But—" Lily tried to protest, but he cut her off with a look. "I am sorry, sweetie."

Saying this, she kept her down. Zoya looked at Lily in betrayal and sprinted to Ethan. She pulled his trousers, and he picked her up.

"What do you want, Fredrick?" Ethan asked as Zoya hid herself on his chest. "Why are you bothering my Angel?"

"Zoya, I won't repeat myself," Fredrick said in a cold voice, and Zoya shuddered.

"Sorry," Zoya mumbled, curling herself more. "I won't do it again."

"Munchkin, why are you so scared?" Lucifer asked, his heart clenching at her shivering state.

"Bubba, I didn't mean to be a bad girl," she mumbled, her voice cracking. "Please, no punishment."

"Doll, no one is going to punish you," Daniel said through gritted teeth. "No one will dare to even raise their voice at you in our watch."

"Dan is right," Ethan said, rocking Zoya gently.

"Ethan, keep her down," Fredrick repeated coldly. "Zoya, don't test my patience."

Zoya whimpered a little but wiggled in Ethan's arms. He got the sign and kept her down. Zoya walked and stood in front of Fredrick, her head hanging low.

"Do you have anything to say?" Fredrick asked harshly, making her flinch. Everyone in the room clenched their hands in anger but remained silent.

"I am sorry," she mumbled as tears ran down her face.

"I didn't hear you," he said, ignoring the heaviness in his heart.

"I am sorry," she repeated, this time a little louder.

"And what are you sorry for?" he asked sternly.

"I shouldn't have meddled without thinking," she mumbled, her voice cracking.

"And what were you told to do in such a situation?" he asked, wanting to finish this soon so he could hold her and hug her tightly.

"Call anyone one of you," she mumbled slowly.

"And why didn't you do that?" he pressed on.

"I don't have a phone," she said, looking at him with a pout. "The bad man was pointing a gun at papa, and I didn't get the time to search for a phone. I didn't mean to be a bad girl."

"Dolphin, you are not a bad girl," he said gently. "But you know how dangerous it is for you. You know how severe your condition is. Please don't do this again, okay? I can't lose you."

"I am sorry," she mumbled as tears ran down her face. "I didn't mean to worry you."

"My Dolphin," Fredrick said, opening his fully covered arms, and she quickly embraced him. Everyone in the room had tears at their bonding.

Zoya buried her face in his chest and sniffled a little. Fredrick rubbed her back gently, whispering sweet things to her. After a couple of minutes, she calmed down and kept her cheek on his chest with a sigh. He looked at her lovingly and smiled.

"As adorable as you both look right now, I have a question," Lily asked, raising her arm.

"Ask, Lil," Fredrick said with a sigh, turning his gaze towards her.

"How do you guys know each other?" she asked, pointing at the both of them.

"Do we know each other, Dolphin?" he asked Zoya, and she giggled.

"This is my Uncle Freddy, Mumma," Zoya said with a smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was the chapter?

Did you like it?

Do you think I should continue writing this book? Because I am not as certain as I was before. 

Well do let me know in the comments!

Love
Laaxmi