Chapter 5

Happy Reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV:

Zoya is sitting on Ethan's lap fidgeting with her fingers worried if Ethan's family would like her or not. Ethan saw this and pulled her closer.

"Angel everyone is going love you," he said rubbing circles on her back.

"Tú y tu familia no me amarán después de conocer el poder que tengo," she said as a tear slid down her face.

(You and your family won't love me after knowing the power I hold.)

Ethan understood Spanish but didn't tell her that, he was confused by what she meant. He met Lucas's gaze in the rear mirror and frowned. Lucas had heard Zoya's statement and was confused as well. He made a mental note to dig a little deeper about her.

"Me esforzaré mucho para que me ames como a un padre, pero una vez que sepas más sobre de dónde vengo y las personas a las que les gusto, es posible que te asustes y ya no te guste. Pero por ahora, espero que todavía me ames." she continued thinking they can't hear her but little did she know that they heard and understood every single word she spoke.

(I will try very hard to make you love me like a father, but once you know more about where I come from and the people who like me, you may get scared and not like me anymore. But for now, I hope you still love me.)

Ethan was confused and sad at the same time. He wanted to ask her what she meant but decided against it. Once they reached home Zoya looked around in awe. It was a beautiful palace.

Zoya was still in Ethan's arms

Zoya was still in Ethan's arms. She looked around the house with big eyes. Ethan internally chuckled at her face but subconsciously he was still thinking about what she had said in the car.  

Lucas opened the door for them and Ethan stepped out. He wrapped his arms securely around Zoya's tiny frame and walked inside the house. Everyone was present in the living room. Lily was siting an the couch her head in her palms. Lucifer was walking around rubbing his palms. Noah was curled up on one end of the sofa his face hidden in a pillow. Daniel was punching a wall repeatedly to vent his anger.

Lucifer was the first to see Ethan.

"Dad!" he shouted making Zoya flinch. 

"Ethan!" Lily said and ran towards him. Ethan abruptly kept Zoya down and hugged Lily. Zoya was sad and happy at the same time. She was happy that Ethan reunited with his family and sad because he left her. She stood there and watched as one by everyone hugged him. She was envious. No one had ever shown this amount of affection to her.

"So this is what a family looks like," she said with a smile. She was determined to make as many memories as possible with them. Before they hate her.

Everyone turned to her and their expressions changed from happy to confused to angry.