[Chapter 2 - He's Not Gone.]

!!TW!!

Mentions of possible death + sadness

[Start of Chapter]

[Sausage POV]
It had been several days since the explosion, I had my fair share of worries for Fwhip and his empire, but I tried to move on faster... I knew I still had to take care of Mythland and stop worrying about other emperors... I couldn't explain it if you asked, I just needed to know if he was ok...

In a final turn of events, I decided to fly over to the Grimlands, I couldn't stop thinking about it even if I tried. As I took off from my empire, I could already see some of the charred trees in the distance. And of course, as soon as I flew farther and farther into his territory, I could smell a strong scent of fire and smoke. Trees were still burning, flames reaching the tops of the tall oaks.

Trying not to breath, I managed to fly down and land at the gates of the Grimlands.
They were burnt and torn up by the flames as soot lay across the bricks. I tried banging on the door as if nothing happened, only for the wood to fall right off and leave a large gap in the once strong gate.

I peered inside, the village that once stood inside the great walls was now singed with soot and damage. "Eesh..-!" I carefully bashed a bit of the gate so I could get inside. As I stepped onto the scorched stoney paths, I noticed there were a few building that still had the lights on, some even flickering from something. I walked forward, taking all the information I could get, I talked to the remaining villagers and asked if they knew where Fwhip was... They did not know.

After a long while of searching, I stumbled upon the forge where the explosion had erupted from.
It was broken beyond repairs, although the empires construction crew was desperately trying to fix it. I called up to them, "Hey-! Can I ask a quick question!? It's important!" One of the workers looked down and nodded quickly before flying down. "Ah, King Sausage! How can I help you-?" Despite the members desperate attempt to sound welcoming, it was obvious they were worried for some reason.

"Do you know where your emperor is? I've been needing to contact him..."

The person had a saddened look, their hands behind their back. "Well... you see- We don't exactly know where or- even if he's still alive...-!" They said.

What?

But how?

Fwhip could surely pull through-!

...

Right..?

He isn't dead! I refuse to believe that! Fwhip was alive and you can't change my mind..!

"O-oh..-" ....... "Alright- Well- Thanks... I'll be off now." As I shot up into the sky, my wings spread, I heard a faint but grave "I'm sorry..-" I felt horrible, even though I had no part in this what so ever. I still felt as if I needed to do something though. I flew off to Mythland feeling worse than ever before... Why was I feeling this bad about another emperor?! How and why did I feel so bad for just one more enemy to come along my path?

I needed to relax and calm down...

Just, calm, down.

Hope you enjoyed chapter 2! this one was a bit sadder and depressing, but I like how it turned out. Anyway, here is some extra news I suppose! I would like to do a
HOLIDAY CHAPTER! But I'm not sure by the time the holidays come around the story will be more toned down, because the first few chapters I will be making are more deep and lore-filled.
The middle will be more calm/chill/happy chapters with lore in between.

AAANYWAY! Have a good day/night! <3

Words: 635

If you like the cover art and stuff, check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL!It is linked on my profile, I do animations and stuff.

<3